Chapter 20 You Can Wear A Crown

*G-NOTE WARNING ABOVE GUYS!!!!!!!! LISTEN TO THE SONG AT YOUR OWN RISK TODAY!!!!!!*

A world that sends you reeling
From decimated dreams
Your misery and hate will kill us all
So paint it black
And take it back
Let's shout it loud and clear
Defiant to the end
We hear the call

Raven's POV

Isabella pulled away from the hug and started to wipe away the tears, smudging her makeup further. I laughed a little and she gave me a small smile. "What's so funny?"

I pulled out my phone and took a picture of her makeup. "This." I said, showing her the photo of her.

She covered her mouth and laughed with me, then she looked at me and started crying again. "I'm such a mess."

I hugged her again. "No, you aren't. Now we're here, so we gotta get out of the car." I said, letting go of her and giving a light laugh to lighten the mood.

When we got out of the car, Isabella turned to Patrick, looking at the ground. "Um, t-thank you Mr. S-Stump for the ride a-and l-letting me come o-over."

Patrick smiled and hugged her. "Don't thank me. And you can call me Patrick."

Isabella smiled at him and released the hug. "Okay, Patrick."

"Okay, Sassypants." Patrick said, laughing a little bit. "No wonder you and Raven got along so well."

"Hey, Dad?" I asked.

He looked up. "Yeah?"

"Can we go inside now?" I asked, motioning to the house and jumping slightly as I motioned to the house.

"Right." Patrick said, pointing to the door and walking.

"Right." I said, taking off to the door, Isabella right behind me. When I opened the door, I saw Pete sitting on the couch with his head in his hands, Joe and Andy sitting next to him with worried looks on their faces. "We're back."

Pete's head shot up, his eyes darting from me to Isabella quickly. He then stood up and addressed Isabella. "Are you okay?" Isabella nodded but didn't say anything. Pete gave a sigh of relief. "Thank God."

"Wait, you were worried about me?" Isabella asked, slightly shocked.

Pete looked at her with soft, yet shocked eyes. "Of course I was! We all were!" He said softly.

"Oh." She said. "I didn't think anyone really cared." She said, looking down.

I looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile. "We all care." She returned the smile and I decided to change the topic. "Um, do you want to clean up?" I asked her.

She laughed a little bit before nodding. "Yeah, that would be great if you don't mind."

"Are you hungry?" Patrick asked. "We have plenty of food that you can have when you get out of the shower."

"Um, no thank you." Isabella said with a smile.

"Okay." Patrick said, starting to put the food away.

I took Isabella's hand and led her upstairs to my bathroom where I grabbed her a towel. "Here you go. If you need anything, I'll be in my room." She nodded and closed the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Isabella got out of the shower, we went downstairs and ended up playing Monopoly with the guys, with Andy winning because he had most of the properties. I rolled the dice. "Please don't land on four, please not four." I said while rolling. When the dice settled, I groaned. One dice said 3 and the other said 1. I moved my piece to Boardwalk and started to get all my money and threw it to Andy, money flying everywhere.

"Hey!" Andy said, laughing as he caught the money from the air and bending down to pick up some.

"Who thinks that Andy is cheating!" I said, raising my hand. Everybody's hand shot up with me except Andy, who laughed and shook his head.

"How do you even cheat in Monopoly?" He asked, still smiling.

"Well, you would know, Andy. How do you cheat in Monopoly?" Pete asked, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, Andy." Joe asked, narrowing his eyes and flipped his pink hair out of his eyes.

Andy cocked his head and laughed. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be on my side, Joe?"

Joe sat back and crossed his arms. "Not today, cheater."

Andy looked at Patrick. "Patrick? You gonna side with me on this one?"

"Because I feel bad, yeah." Patrick said, holding his hand out for Andy to high five, which Andy quickly slapped.

" Patrick said, holding his hand out for Andy to high five, which Andy quickly slapped

"Thank you, Patrick." Andy said, smiling.

Pete rolled his eyes and smiled. "You have only one person on your side and you act like you won the war."

"What's your position on this, Izzy?" I asked Izzy, who was sitting in her chair, watching us while laughing.

"Well, I don't see how he could cheat on this game, so I have to side with Andy." Izzy said, her face flushing slightly as she shrugged.

Patrick stuck out his tongue at me. "Now we're even."

"Well, how are we gonna settle this?" I asked.

Joe stood up quickly and ran off. He came back shortly with six Nerf guns and a grin on his face. "Nerf gun fight."

I reached up and grabbed a gun and quickly shot Patrick, who then looked at me with a shocked face. "Oh, it's on now."

Within five seconds, there were Nerf gun bullets littered throughout the house. I ran into the kitchen and got cornered by Patrick. He shot me and missed, but I acted like he shot my eye.

"Shit, Dad! Your aim is horrible!" I said, holding my eye and bending forward, my gun still in hand.

"Oh my gosh, Raven! Are you okay?" He asked as he quickly came to my aid. When he was close enough, I pulled out my gun and shot him, running off.

Pete was laughing so hard, holding his stomach as he saw what just happened. "You're daughter just tricked you, Trick!"

Patrick sat on the ground and pouted. "No fair."

I laughed with Pete, Isabella next to me as we laughed. And for the first time in a long time, I was carefree. I forgot everything. Cancer, my past, my future, everything. I just felt happy.

A/N

Hello, my amazing Youngbloods! I come to you on this day of mourning and present you with a new chapter. As I said earlier, I gave you a G-note warning because I would never throw that one you without warning. And I'm listening to the Cancer cover by TOP right now, and I don't know why ;'(. Anyways, thank you guys so, so, so much for the reads! Over 500 reads so far and 24 votes? You guys make me blush *bats eyelashes*. I would also like to thank RUAWRITER for your comments and for replying to my plea for characters (which is still going, guys! If y'all want to be in the story, message me or post on my page!) Anyways, I'll stop ranting now XD

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx