Chapter 16 I wanna see your animal side

So let the world sing
"What a shame
What a shame
Beautiful scars
On critical veins"

Come together
State of the art
We'll never surrender
The Kids in the dark

Raven's POV

I felt someone gently shaking me awake, but I didn't want to get up. "Go away." I mumbled into my bedsheet.

"Come on, Raven. You gotta get up. You have school today." I heard Patrick say from above me.

I pulled my sheets further over my head. "I don't wanna go."

"Pete, do you wanna take this?" I heard Patrick say. Suddenly, I felt the covers being torn off of me, light shining in my eyes. I curled up into a ball, letting out a small yelp.

"Up! Up!" Pete yelled from above me.

"No!" I said stubbornly. I felt myself being lifted up out of bed, then being thrown over a shoulder. When I opened my eyes, I saw the floor underneath me, and I screamed and held onto Pete's shirt. "Okay, okay! I'm up, I'm up!" I yelled.

Pete put me down and I saw him smiling. "I guess that's all it took."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, tossing me over your shoulder." I gave him a sarcastic thumbs up. "Real great tactics there."

"Well, you're up, aren't you?" Pete asked.

"Yeah. Now leave so I can change." I said, pushing both Patrick and Pete out of the room. Once they are out, I slammed the door shut. I honestly didn't want to go to school today, much less any other time of the year. And I most certainly didn't understand why Patrick wanted me to go to public school so bad. I mean, both Pete and Joe said that it was a bad idea, but no. I just had to go anyways.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out my Fall Out Boy tank top, a red and black pair of jeans, a pair of black shorts over my jeans and a pair of shoes. I decided to also grab my black leather jacket, pulling it over the tank top.

After I finished getting dressed, I threw on some eyeliner and put my hair in a messy braid. I opened the door and walked downstairs with my Blurryface backpack. When I got downstairs, I saw that everybody was already up, and when I reached the bottom step, they all looked at me.

"Morning." I said, making a beeline for the front door, but Patrick stopped me.

"Hey! You have to eat first." He said.

I turned around and faced him, giving my best apologetic look. "I'm not hungry."

He sighed before giving me a disapproving look. "You have to eat, Raven."

Now it was my turn to sigh. "Fine." I walked over to the food pantry and pulled out a box of cereal, pouring into a bowl. I sat down at the counter and ate it quickly, trying my best to not concentrate on the fact that I was eating more than I was supposed to. I finally finished eating and put the bowl in the sink and ran back to the door.

"Can we go now?" I asked eagerly.

Patrick chuckled. "For someone who didn't want to go, you sure are eager."

I rolled my eyes. "I just want to go so I can get this over with."

"Whatever you say."

I climbed into the car, Patrick close behind me. He started driving and we were at the school within five minutes. When we pulled up, I saw that the name of the school was Hinsdale Central High School. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car.

"Raven!" I turned around and saw Patrick stepping out of the car and jogging up to me. When he reached me, he smiled wide and gave me a huge hug. "I hope you have a good day. I love you."

I smiled and hugged him back. "Love you too, Dad."

He let me go and rubbed the back of his neck. "I should get going. I don't want you to be seen with your dad."

I laughed and gripped my backpack straps. "But you're cool, remember?"

"Ah, yes. I remember now." Patrick said while walking backward. He smiled at me one last time before climbing into the car again. I turned around and took a deep breath before walking into the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me maybe five seconds before I realized that I had absolutely no idea where I was at or where I was going. I then spotted a sign that showed me where the office was, so I followed the directions to the office.

When I walked into the office, I went to the lady sitting at the front desk. She kept looking at her computer, so I cleared my throat expectantly. She still was watching her computer, so I spoke up. "Um, hi? I'm new and I need my schedule."

The lady finally looked up and glared at me. "Name?"

"Raven Black."  I said, leaning on the desk slightly.

The lady typed my name into the system, glaring at the screen. "There is no Raven Black here."

I shook my head, confused. "What? That doesn't make sense, I have-" Then it clicked. "Try Raven Stump."

The lady repeated the process again, this time coming up successful. She printed out a piece of paper and handed it to me. "Here's your schedule."

When I took it, I walked out of the office again, taking a deep breath and wondering if this school would be any different.

A/N

Hello, youngbloods! So, here is my, uh, my, ... new chapter! I would like to take a moment to appreciate all my fabulous readers and everybody that has been voting and commenting! It means so much to me! Let me know what you think with a comment and vote down below!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx