Chapter 24 But We Are Alive

You can blame your problems on the world for so long
Before it all becomes the same old song

Raven's POV

"So, we decided that the Methotrexate is the best route for you." The young female doctor said to me as she punched something into her tablet.

"So is it a pill or injection?" Patrick asked calmly as I looked down at my feet.

The doctor put her tablet down and looked at him and I. "Right now, we're going with the pills. So we're going to fill the prescription and you can go home, but if this gets any worse, we're going to have to start the injections."

Patrick nodded and held my hand, which before, I was wringing nervously. "Do you understand, Raven?" I looked up and nodded before looking back down at the floor, hyper-focusing on the cracks in the floor. This was actually happening. Millions of things flowed through my brain all at once, and my sanity had a hard time actually separating the voices into logical phrases.

"Ok, then. So here's the first dose, and we're going to send the rest home with you." The doctor said to me, holding a pill in her hand, dropping it in mine. She handed me a small plastic cup filled with water, which I used to wash the pill down. I set the cup down on the counter next to me, looking up at Patrick. He smiled at me before giving me a reassuring hug and kissing the top of my head.

"You're gonna be just fine." He whispered in my ear.

I nodded into his chest. "Ok." I said.

We held the hug for a bit until the doctor got up and opened the door for us. "That'll be it for now, Raven. You can get your pills filled downstairs, then you can head home!" She said cheerily.

Patrick and I both stood up and headed towards the door, Patrick stopping to shake the doctor's hand before leaving. We walked to the waiting room, where Andy, Pete, and Joe sat waiting for us. Andy was the first one to look up, giving a small smile before talking.

"How did it go?" He asked gently, putting his phone down. Andy talking caught Joe and Pete's attention, causing them to put their phones down as well and stand up.

I gave a small sigh before putting a smile on. "Well, as good as expected I guess. I'm starting pills, but if this gets worse, I'm going to start injections."

Everybody nodded. "So you can go home, right?" Pete asked.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

Joe smiled and made his way to the elevator. "Sweet, let's get going." We all followed suit, us cramming ourselves into the small elevator like a can of sardines. Once the doors closed, we all got a whiff of each other, filling our unwilling nostrils. I scrunched up my face, pushing myself away from Andy, who just got back from the hospital gym.

"You all smell gross." I said, holding back a laugh.

Joe looked at me before giving me a wicked grin. "You mean you don't like the smell?"

My eyes widened before I buried myself behind Andy in the corner. "Don't even think about it."

Joe grabbed one of my arms, pulling me out from behind Andy. He then proceeded to hug me and stick my face in his armpit. "Sharing is caring, Raven."

The elevator doors opened just then, revealing maybe five nurses and a couple doctors. Joe quickly disguised the assault with a hug. "Its all gonna be alright, Raven." He looked up just long enough to give the nurses a quick nod and smile before leading me out of the elevator. When the nurses and doctors got in the elevator and we all were out, the four men burst out laughing. I broke the hug from Joe, giving him a slap to the arm.

"That was so mean!" I yelled at him.

Patrick put his hand on my shoulder. "But it was a little funny, though." I shot Patrick a look. "Ok Joe, that wasn't funny."

Joe looked at him, still laughing. "Oh come on! You know it was!"

Pete looked at me. "That wasn't funny." He then busted out laughing, holding his sides. "It was HILARIOUS!"

I looked at him, and unable to hold it back anymore joined his laughter. When Joe saw me laughing, he opened his mouth in surprise and walked over to me, lifting me in the air and carried me down the hall, us all laughing uncontrollably the whole way down.

A/N

Hello, my Youngbloods! I'm back!!!! WOW! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING SUPPORT AND ALL THE VOTES AND READS WHILE I'VE BEEN GONE!! *cough cough* sorry for that XD. Anyways,  don't be afraid to let me know what you think and drop a comment and vote down below!!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx