Chapter 10 But don't take love off the table yet

Nobody thinks what you think, no one
Empathy might be on the brink of extinction
They will play a game and say
They know what you're going through
And I tried to come up with an artistic way to say
They don't know you, and neither do I

Raven's POV

Well, after my little panic attack, Andy and Joe showed up.

"Hey!" Joe said when he came in. "The first day with Patrick and you end up in the hospital. How'd that happen?" He asked as he sat down in the chair at the foot of my bed.

"I guess I'm just a sucker for pain." I said with a shrug.

"Did she just?" Joe asked with a smile.

Patrick nodded. "Yup. She used Imagine Dragons on you."

I smiled sheepishly as Pete looked at me mischievously. "Do you know what happens to 16-year-old girls named Raven who don't quote us?" I shook my head, saying I didn't and he just smiled. "This!"

He pounced on me, holding my arms and legs down while Andy, Joe, and Patrick started tickling me. "No! Stop it!" I yelled between uncontrollable giggles.

"No! Not until you quote us!" Patrick said as he continued the assault.

"Ah, uh, okay! What's the date?" I asked.

"Uh, the third of July. Why? Are you trying to escape?" Pete asked.

"No! Because tomorrow is the fourth of July and it's a Saturday!" I yelled through giggles. Immediately, the onslaught of tickles ceased, allowing me to breathe.

Andy ruffled my hair. "Good job."

It then hit me when he ruffled my hair. With the chemotherapy, I won't be keeping my hair for very long. While this was going through my head, the doctor came in.

"Hello everybody! You must be the extended family, am I right?" Dr. Spencer asked.

Joe looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, her uncles."

I smiled. "Awesome! You have an amazing family, Raven. Anyways, I came to tell you that we would like to start your treatment as soon as possible, so the soonest we can get you in is next week on Friday."

"Okay. So when can she get out of here?" Patrick asked.

"She can leave today. She just needs to be back on Friday at 9 in the morning." Dr. Spencer said.

"Alright! Let's get you outta here, kiddo!" Pete said excitedly.

I agreed excitedly and jumped out of the bed, just to realize that I was still in a hospital gown. "Uh, guys? Do you have a change of clothes for me?" I asked, my face turning redder than a tomato.

"Right." Patrick said, turning in circles looking for my clothes. He finally saw them and went to pick them up, handing them to me. They all stood there expectantly as if waiting for me to change.

"Uh, guys. I'm not a dude. You have to give me privacy." I said. Patrick's face went red as he mumbled something to himself and walked out, Joe and Andy following suit. Pete stayed behind and looked at me.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked softly.

"Yeah." I said simply.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" He asked.

I laughed. "You sound like such a dad."

He rolled his eyes and laughed also. "I guess that's what I get for having two kids. But I'm serious."

I looked at him and I could feel the tears threatening to come forward, but I willed them to not. "I'm scared out of my mind, Pete. I don't know what to do cause I've always been the strong one, and it's like I'm weak and I'm not used to this."

Pete's face softened and he pulled me into his arms in a hug. "I know. You just gotta be strong. I know it's hard sometimes, but you just gotta do it."

I felt a few tears escape my eyes. "I'm trying." I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. "This doesn't leave this room, okay?"

Pete gave a strange salute. "Ma'am, yes, ma'am!"

I laughed and wiped the tears away, giving him a small shove out of the room. "Get outta here so I can change, numnut."

A/N

Hallo! WOW! over 100 readers? That's amazing! Thank you guys so much! Means more than y'all realize. But if you guys like this book, let me know! I also need a few new characters for the book, and if anybody wants to be in this, message me these details:

Name

Hair color

Eye Color

What are you like?

Anything else you want me to know :) (Now closed)

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx