▪ ■ one ■ ▪

Hey! This idea randomly came to me, but yeah imma see how it goes!  I'm going to get straight into it.

Your POV

Shawn has been on tour for a few weeks now. I decided to join him as my school let me do my classes online.

Today is his fifteenth show and he looked knackered.

"Shawn you ready?" I ask, massaging his shoulders from behind.

"Yeh... my body is really sore." He complains as he stands.

"Its probably because you're so tired. Today is the last show for a few days so we can make sure you get lots of rest." I caress his cheek with my thumb and he goes on stage.

I was watching him from backstage and he was looking more tired than normal. I then think back and he was complaining of body pain and tiredness for a while now, even during his resting period two weeks before tour, as Andrew made sure that Shawn got fully rested before the tour began.

I looked carefully and a small rash was forming on his face - it was visible when the camera got closer to his face. Shawn looked like he was going to collapse any second, so I rush to the stage managers.

"He doesn't look well." They tell me.

"I was gonna say the same thing." Shawn would never ever finish a show early so it was best if he continued, as he would get upset if we stopped it.

That wasn't a good idea.

As soon as he came off stage, Shawn leaned back on the wall and slid down.

"Y/N everything hurts." He cries in pain. I cup his face and begin to inspect the rash - it was butterfly shaped and spread over his cheeks. I felt his forehead and it was warm. I remembered that he has had a mild to moderate fever ever since he got on tour.

"Hey lets get you to bed and we can take you to a doctor in the morning." Andrew suggested and I help Shawn to his feet.

I help him walk back to the hotel. It was ten minutes away so we had walked earlier.

We arrived at the hotel and go straight to our room.

"I'm getting a migraine." Shawn held his head in his hands. I help lay him down and then put some ice on his head to ease the pain.

"Try to sleep hun." I cover him up with the duvet and decide to sit next to him and wait till he falls asleep before sleeping myself.

The next day, Shawn woke up pretty late.

"Ugh, everything just hurts!" He says as he slowly manages to stand. I decide to be safe and take him straight to hospital.

"We are taking you to A&E. Its the rash and fever I'm worried about." I tell Shawn as he brushes his teeth.

"Okay but I'm fine." Shawn always pretended he was fine after I say we are going to the hospital. He got nervous.

We get a taxi to the hospital and are instantly seen by a doctor. Being Shawn Mendes has its positives.

They hook Shawn up to an IV drip and decide to take some bloods.

"Are you okay?" I ask Shawn, who was laying down shirtless.

"Yeah. I'm just scared Y/N." He makes eye contact with me and I knew he was feeling pretty shit.

"Shawn its okay to be scared sweetie." I pat his leg and smile at him. "You're gonna be fine. Its probably a viral infection or something. Don't worry." I move some of his hair from him face. "This might take a while so you can get some sleep." I kiss his forehead and he falls asleep instantly. I'm hoping it is a viral infection and not anything serious.

A few hours later, a doctor comes in. Finally!

I wake Shawn up and the doctor speaks.

"We've done some blood tests." The doctor pulls up a chair. I begin to get worried and so does Shawn. I give him a reassuring look which seems to calm him.

"What is it?" I ask eagerly.

"Well one of the tests showed anæmia. That itself is a manageable condition, so we weren't concerned."

"See Shawn... its fine!" We both sigh in relief, but the doctor's face says otherwise.

"W...whats wrong with me?" Shawn stutters and I decide to lay beside him, his head on my shoulder.

"Anæmia is a symptom of many diseases. But its the rash, body aches and tiredness that concerned us." The doctor takes a deep breath, and so do we. "It was hard to diagnose as it affects women way more than men... its a moderate to severe case."

"Of what?" Shawn questioned.

We didn't know it, but the next line would change his entire life.

"Shawn, you have lupus."

Dundunduuuuun lol that makes me feel cool. This is basically a short prologue slash chapter as I was hoping to get straight into it rather than build it up if ygm xx