▪ ■ thirty two ■ ▪

Yoooooo

Your POV

"Shawn are you still thirsty?" I ask as he's drinking his third bottle of water.

"Yeah I've been really thirsty recently." He says as he down his water.

"Small sips Shawn, small sips." I assert. "What do you want for lunch?"

"Er... I'm not hungry."

I walk over to Shawn who's sitting at the edge of the bed. He had just woken up from a nap.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, his head rests on my stomach, my hands in his messy bed hair.

"I'll make you healthy muffins, is that okay?" I suggest, cupping his face. His face felt a normal temperature for the first time in a while.

As soon as I mentioned muffins joy spreads across his face.

"I made the mixture yesterday, they just need to be baked. They take an hour though."

"I'm gonna go for a wee then go back to sleep."

"That's fine."

"Can you cuddle me?" He asks, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Why would I not cuddle you?" I laugh, putting the muffins in the oven, before laying in bed with Shawn, who lay his head in my lap.

"I need some water."

"Shawn why are you so thirsty?" I giggle, passing him his water bottle.

"I don't know." He rests his head in my lap and falls asleep.

Shawn gets a phonecall from the doctors, which wakes him up.

"Er hello?" He puts it on speaker.

"Hello Shawn, this is Doctor Jackson. I just wanted to call to see how things were going. I know you're struggling mentally as I spoke to Liz, your therapist a few days ago, but how are you physically?"

"I've been really tired and thirsty recently and I've had trouble sleeping." He explains.

"Right. Erm... any weight loss?"

I decided to intervene.

"Yeah he's lost weight and he's been drinking loads."

"Er... I need to see you for a physical examination. Also, I have to take some bloods to see if your sinus infection has gone away."

Shawn gives me a worried look but I smile at him reassuringly, trying to keep him calm.

"Can you see me tomorrow morning? At 10am? I might need to see you for a few hours and depending on the outcome maybe the night so bring a spare pair of clothes."

"That's fine thanks." Shawn hangs up, looking terrified.

"I'm scared Y/N... what's going on?"

"Shawn look at me. She just wants to examine you because you were sick a few days ago, there's nothing to be worried about. Now, let me bring you your muffins." I go into the kitchen and put the muffins into a plate. I get him a glass of juice and a banana to eat with his muffins to make sure he is full.

"Thanks Y/N."

"Its okay, just eat them before they get cold." I say, sitting beside him.

After Shawn had eaten, I decided to put a film on.

"What do you wanna watch?" I ask.

"Er... can we watch Bridesmaids?"

"Really? You wanna watch that?" I giggle, searching for it on Netflix.

"Yeah what's wrong with that?"

"Oh... nothing its fine." I joke, putting it on for him.

About halfway through, Shawn got up to pee for the third time. He came back holding his songbook. Yes, Shawn has a songbook. I found it adorable that he had a book where he wrote all his songs down.

"Y/N can I show you something?" He asks, opening his book.

"Of course you can." I usher for him to lay beside me. Instead, he lays on top of me, head on my shoulder.

"I wrote a personal song, is it okay if you read it? I like getting approval from you?"

"Course I will darling." I kiss the top of his head, and begin reading.

(Song credit - Be Still by The Killers)

Be still
And go on to bed
Nobody knows what lies ahead
And life is short
To say the least
We're in the belly of the beast

Be still
Wild and young
Long may your innocence reign
Like shells on the shore
And may your limits be unknown
And may your efforts be your own
If you ever feel you can't take it anymore

Don't break character
You've got a lot of heart
Is this real or just a dream?
Rise up like the sun
Labor till the work is done

Be still
One day you'll leave
Fearlessness on your sleeve
When you've come back, tell me what did you see
What did you see (what did you see)
Was there something out there for me?

Be still
Close your eyes
Soon enough you'll be on your own
Steady and straight
And if they drag you through the mud
It doesn't change what's in your blood
(Over chains, over chains, over ?, over ?)
When they knock you down

Don't break character
You've got a lot of heart
Is this real or just a dream?
Be still
Be still
Be still
Be still

Over rock and chain
Over sunset plain
Over trap and snare
When you're in too deep
In your wildest dream
In your made up scheme
When they knock you down

Don't break character
You've got so much heart
Is this real or just a dream?
Oh Rise up like the sun
And labor till the work is
Rise up like the sun
Labor till the work is done

Tears brim in my eyes when I read it.

"Shawn that's beautiful." I say, squeezing his body tight.

"I want to record it and release it. I'm hoping to do it once I'm home tomorrow." He tells me, and I give him a supporting smile, holding him like a baby. His muscles became less tense, meaning that he was relaxed.

What we didn't know was that tomorrow would change his life forever...

Arghhhh can't wait for the next chapter!!!