▪ ■ ten ■ ▪

Here's part 10

Your POV

It was the day Shawn was finally allowed home! He had a huge smile on his face as he had been in hospital for almost two weeks.

"Here's some pain medication and a fresh plaster. But other than that, its plenty of bed rest, no exercise and plenty of clear fluids." Dr Jackson explains. "I can do a home visit if that's more convenient."

"Yeah... that'd be better." Shawn replies.

"I'll note that down. I need to see you every week for twelve weeks. Make sure you get complete bed rest for at least a month. After that you can start driving and running small errands but no heavy lifting, or any housework like vacuuming or cooking for twelve weeks. Oh and definitely no gym! You can start going on short walks after a month but no more than 1km." She explains. "Right you're free to go."

"Come on babe, lets get you home." I help him to his feet and he begins walking very slowly. He still couldn't stand up straight, so I supported him as much as I could.

"Can we stop?" He asks and I help him sit on a nearby bench.

"I can bring the car here if you like sweetie."

"Th... thanks Y/N." I lean forward and kiss his forehead.

"Hang on a minute. I'll be back soon." I run to my car and drive back to where Shawn is sitting. I get out and help him sit into the passenger's seat. I get a blanket from the back seat and cover him up, before returning to my seat and I drive home.

As soon as we get home, I help Shawn into our bed.

"Lemme sort your pillows out honey." I lift his head up and prop his pillows up properly, before gently placing his head back onto the pillow. "Are you in any pain?"

"It's not that bad today, thanks Y/N." I kiss his cheek, then move some hair out of his eyes. "I'm so glad to be home."

"I'm happy that you're home. I think you need a few nights sleep in your own bed."

"I'm going to sleep for a bit." He says.

"That's okay honey. What do you want for tea?"

"I want you to cuddle me!" I roll my eyes at this remark, before laying next to Shawn. He rests his head on my shoulder and wraps his arm around my waist. My arm is protectively around his shoulder, and he falls asleep almost instantly.

I gently remove myself from his grip and go into the kitchen. I decide to make him some soup as it would be easy for him to eat.

As I'm making it, I hear a small thud from Shawn's room. I run in and see his phone fell off the bedside table, which woke him up.

"Hey Shawn." I say softly, playing with his hair.

"I'm hungry."

"Alright!" I joke. "Your soup is nearly ready. Let's sit you up." I put my arms around his back and sit him up, putting some more pillows behind him.

"Comfy?" He nods.

"Thank you." I smile at him and go and get the soup. I put some into a bowl and take it to his room.

"Open. It might be a bit hot." I blow on the spoonful before putting it into his mouth.

"Its really nice." He always liked to compliment my food.

"Thank you gorgeous." I gently caress his cheek, and then feed him the last spoonful of soup. "Right, I need to give you some painkillers. They said to take them regularly even if the pain isn't that bad."

"Its getting a bit worse... but not nearly as bad as before." He tells me as I bring him the tablets with a glass of water.

"There you are." He takes his painkillers and I help him lay back down. "Let me brush your hair darling." I get his hairbrush and lift his head into my lap. Gently and carefully, I begin brushing his hair, making sure not to pull too hard.

"I feel sick." He tries to get himself out of bed but can't due to pain. "Oww! Y/N it hurts!" He had tears falling from his eyes, pain covering his face.

"Its okay sweetie I'm here." I help him sit up and bring a bin bag to him. I hold it in front of him as he empties the contents of his stomach out, some of it going on his top. "Come on. I'll clean you up." I lift his dirty shirt up and put it in the wash. I then go over to Shawn and peel his plaster off.

"I can have a shower alone can't I?" I knew he asked me this as he didn't want to cause me trouble. He was also trying to tell himself that he was fully healed, that he didn't need help. He is a 6ft 2, 180 pound, athletic man, and it was difficult mentally for him to deal with the fact that he needed help.

"Honey, I need to help you." I rub my thumb against his cheek, and he leaned his head against my hand. "Come on. Small steps." I help him walk to the bathroom and sit him down on a stool in the shower.

I help him take his tracksuit bottoms off and begin washing his body. I keep his hair dry as I didn't want him to get cold.

"Thank you." He leans his head on my chest and we stay in that position for a few moments. I begin playing with his hair.

"I'll get you changed lovey." I get some tracksuit bottoms from the wardrobe and help him put them on. "Lemme put a plaster on the surgical wound." I open the plaster packet and cover his wound with a plaster.

"Thanks Y/N." He says.

"I love you." I lean down and kiss his cheek just as Karen and Aaliyah come in.

"Ew" Aaliyah scoffs as she sits down.

"How are you?" Karen asks him, sitting next to him.

"I'm really tired."

"Its the painkillers... it'll numb you." I explain, stroking his hair.

"Get to sleep my baby." Karen tells him. Shawn moves his head onto Karen's lap and he falls asleep in his mother's arms, and I smile at how adorable he looks.

Hope you liked it xx