▪ ■ thirty ■ ▪

Chapter 30 yay and almost at 3K yay

Your POV

Today, Shawn's mum and sister would be coming over to spend time with us as Manny was away on business.

Shawn was still sleeping, his head resting on my chest. We had fallen asleep like that last night, and didn't move at all. I woke up an hour ago but didn't have the heart to move as he would wake up. Shawn is a very light sleeper, so a small move would wake him up.

Karen and Aaliyah then arrive, waving through the door. My wave wakes Shawn up, and he groans.

"I'm here baby, go back to sleep." I whisper. I think he was only half awake, so he fell back asleep, or so I thought.

"Y/N..." he points to his mouth but isn't able to get up to go to the bathroom and throws up all over the fresh white sheets, tears falling from his eyes.

"Shawn... Shawn what hurts?" I ask him, kissing the top of his head.

"Everything Y/N... my head, legs, back..." he throws up again, Karen and Aaliyah running in.

"Shawn what's up?" Karen asks, concern in her voice.

"It hurts..." he cries.

"Y/N why don't you clean Shawn up? Give him a nice warm bath. It'll ease the pain. I'll wash your sheets." Karen suggests, rubbing Shawn's shoulder.

"Good idea." I smile, helping Shawn out of bed. "I'll run the bath, you brush your teeth." I say, running the bath. I add in a strawberry bathbomb and help Shawn lay into the bathtub. I get a small stool and sit down beside him.

"Are you not getting in with me?" He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"No Shawn. This is purely to ease your pain, and clearly its working." I joke, pinching his cheek. He leans his head back so it's resting on the small space on the edge of the tub where it meets the wall. I put my arm around Shawn so that his head can rest on my arm.

"I'm so tired." He yawns, closing his eyes.

"Shawn I've got you your breakfast sweetie." Karen calls from outside the bathroom.

"Mum you can come in." He laughs. Karen comes in, holding a bowl of cereal.

"I'll feed you. I want my love to feel relaxed today." I pinch his cheek amd he smiles at the gesture.

I take a spoonful of cereal to his mouth and feed him.

"Liyah bring the bucket here please!" I shout. I wanted to be prepared if Shawn threw up, as the side affects of his chemo seemed to be a lot worse this time as his dosage was higher.

"Hopefully this'll stay down this time." Shawn jokes.

"Hopefully. You need your nutrients more than ever." I finish feeding him his breakfast and then get him some water. "Drink." I order and he takes a few sips.

"This bath has helped. Thanks Y/N." He smiles at me and I kiss his cheek.

"Gross." Aaliyah comes in with some painkillers for Shawn to take.

"The water's getting cold."

"Let's get you into bed honey. Liyah pass me that towel."

"I'm leaving." Aaliyah passes me the towel and leaves.

"Come on." I help him stand and dry him off, before putting some sweats on him and laying him in bed. "Let me check your temperature."

"I'm tired." He leans back in bed and closes his eyes.

"100.7. You still have a fever but its getting lower." I move some hair out of his eyes and put a blanket over him.

"Why is my fiancee not laying beside me?" He asks. The bath made him tired which in turn made him clingy and baby like.

"She's here." I lay beside Shawn. He lays his head on my shoulder. Karen and Aaliyah then come in.

"He's always sleeping on you isn't he." Karen jokes.

"I'm awake you know." He laughs, kissing my neck. "But I am. You're comfy."

"I don't mind. I like treating you like my baby."

"Your baby feels sick." He points to his mouth and throws up, clutching his stomach in pain.

"I'll get you a hot water bottle." Karen suggests, getting up and going into the kitchen.

"My throat hurts." Shawn complains. He still had a sinus infection as his anti biotic course wasn't finished.

"Liyah can you get that packet of anti biotics?" I ask.

"Yep." She passes them to me and Shawn takes them.

"Y/N the pain is back... my head really hurts." I begin rubbing circles on his head, scratching his scalp. "That's better, thank you Y/N."

"No worries." I reply, kissing the top of his head. He's soon asleep, small snores escaping his mouth.

A few hours later, I decide to wake Shawn up so that he can take his anti depressant.

I hear faint sobs coming from the bathroom. Karen and Aaliyah had gone home, so it must be Shawn.

I push the bathroom door open and my heart shatters for the millionth time in the last few months. Shawn was curled up in the corner of the bathroom, crying his heart out.

"Come here." I whisper, letting him collapse onto my chest. "Deep breaths baby, keep breathing." I say as he sobs into my chest, my top quickly soaked with tears. "What happened to my baby?" I ask, helping him stand. "Slow steps, get back into bed." I lay him into bed and he curls into the fetal position.

"I can't do it Y/N... I can't do it." He cries, holding my waist.

"What can't you do honey? What is it?" He cries for a little longer, and my fingers get lost into his hair.

"Life."

I'm binge watching Victorious rn lol