▪ ■ eight ■ ▪

I have a snow day yay

Your POV

Shawn was sleeping and I was sitting next to him. His oxygen mask was a bit loose so I slowly lift his head up to tighten it.

Just then his parents come in, holding a balloon. Shawn wakes up, eyes squinting because of the light.

"Hey bud, how are you?" Manny asks him.

"Tired..." he was too weak to even speak.

"We will let you rest up darling. I'll see you later." He kisses his son's forehead and Karen leans down to hug him, Shawn trying to hug back with one arm. They then leave, which leaves me with Shawn.

"Y/N... it hurts..." tears fall from his eyes and I squeeze his hand.

"Hey it's okay, I'm calling the nurse right now so they can give you some painkillers." I comfort, rubbing his arm which seemed to calm him.

"C... cam you cuddle me?" He asks so innocently. I didn't want to hurt him, but I felt like he needed someone to hold him.

"Of course honey." I climb into bed next to him, letting him rest his head on my shoulder. I kiss his head, then gently play with his hair to try to get him to sleep as that'd ease his pain and help with his recovery.

The nurse then arrives.

"I've got some morphine for him. I can insert it into his vein." She says, inserting the medication into him.

"That'll work soon hun." I looked at his pale face and saw pain plastered over it. "I'm right here my sweetie pie. Just get some sleep." I keep my arms around him, holding him as he is my everything.

"Th... thanks..." I can tell he was in agony. All I wanted was to get rid of his pain. He fell asleep instantly and I held his hand to keep him calm.

A few hours later, his parents returned. I was sitting on the chair next to him, leaning my head on his pillow.

Shawn woke up, looking around.

"Shawn how are you feeling?" Karen asks him, kissing the side of his head.

"It just hurts mummy..."

"They've given him morphine but its been a few hours. Think its time for his next dose soon." I explain, and I feel Shawn move his head deeper into my shoulder.

"Manny, get the nurse please." Karen tells him and he instantly gets up to get her. "Shawn stay calm we are here." His breathing rate was getting faster and he was panicking. The nurse then comes in.

"Shawn please stay with me." I cup his face, but his breathing rate keeps increasing. "Let me speak to him." I say and everyone leaves.

I get out of bed and stand at his bedside. I begin stroking his hair and planting kisses on his cheek.

"I'm right here darling, please don't be scared. Deep breaths." I whisper in his ear. "Breath with me honey." His breathing rate calms, and he looks a lot calmer. "Remember I love you more than you'll ever know. You've been incredibly brave... and strong and amazing throughout this and we are all so proud of you." He smiles at me and I smile back.

"I... can you tell my f...fans? They... they deserve to know..." he stutters. At a time like this his fans still mean loads to him.

"Yeah course honey. I'll write something out." I begin typing on my phone.

Dear Mendes Army,

This is Y/N. As you all know, Shawn isn't too well right now as he was diagnosed with Lupus, which meant that he had to cancel his shows.

Shawn would like me to tell you what is going on as he feels like you deserve to know. Lupus can affect the way your organs work. Six days ago, we were informed that Shawn needed a kidney transplant. This was successfully carried out today and Shawn is currently recovering.

I am writing this out because Shawn is currently recovering. He is in a lot of pain and is exhausted so asked me to tell his fans what was going on.

Thank you
Y/N and Shawn x

I post the statement on my Twitter account. It instantly got thousands of likes and retweets, and #FeelBetterShawn began trending worldwide.

Shawn was still asleep as Karen, Manny and Aaliyah returned for a while.

"Y/N you can go home for the night. I'll stay tonight. Plus I need you to pick Aaliyah up from the airport and let her know exactly what happened." She tells me and I decide to leave.

Manny offers to drive me home.

I get back to Shawn and I's apartment and instantly get into bed. I was so exhausted, yet couldn't sleep so I flick through Twitter and see the support flooding in from everywhere. Celebrities including Selena Gomez, Harry Styles, John Mayer and even Leonardo DiCaprio had tweeted Shawn. This made me smile.

Poor Shawn! Xx