▪ ■ thirty five ■ ▪

Hey all!! Think I'm gonna aim to finish this at 40 chapters, its a nice number 😂

Your POV

"Shawn?" I shake his shoulder as he was day dreaming.

"What... yeah" he looks up at me, gazing into my eyes.

"You ready for your interview tomorrow?" I say, stroking his hair. He had quite a lot of dandruff, as he didn't have the strength to fully wash his hair since he had gotten lupus.

"Yeah... I'm just nervous."

"That's normal. You've not done one in a while." I smile, and he leans his head onto my shoulder. "Let me wash your hair though." I giggle and he sits up.

"What? Is it that bad?" He questions, getting up to look in a mirror.

"Kind of yeah." I say. We walk into the bathroom.

"I don't want to get my body wet as I'm cold." He shrugs, leaning his head forward into the bathtub.

"Okay... right how do I do this?" I question, wondering how to wash Shawn's hair without him getting in. "Just take your shirt off so it doesn't get wet."

I sit behind him on my knees and take some water through his hair, before getting some anti dandruff shampoo and lathering it into his hair.

"Wait... is this your girlie shampoo?"

"Sorry Shawn. Its the only one we have that'll get rid of your dandruff." I giggle, scrubbing the strawberry shampoo into his scalp. "Your hair is so thick!" I laugh, rinsing the shampoo out.

I get a conditioner and make sure to properly clean his hair before putting a towel on his head.

"Go into the living room. I need to check your sugar levels, then you need to take your anti depressant. Depending on that, you need food and your kidney medication and your pain meds." I had memorized Shawn's medication timetable so that he didn't forget to take anything. "Oh and I'm gonna check your temperature as you were cold so you may havr a fever."

I get all of Shawn's medication and take it to him.

"Right your blood sugar is slightly low." I put the sugar kit away before putting a thermometer into his mouth. "99.8. That's a slight fever."

(A/N I've been using Fahrenheit this whole time but I'm British and we use Celcius how does that work omg)

I warm up some leftover pasta for Shawn and give him some orange juice to boost his blood sugar.

Shawn's mood and his health was better today so I decide to run a few errands, and he comes with me. There was no milk, bread or oil at home, along with other things so we decide to go pick a few things up.

"Can I drive?" Shawn suggests.

"Go on. You've not driven in a while." I say, tossing him the keys to his jeep.

We drive in silence to the store, but are greeted by a rather large crowd of fans.

"Y/N there's no back entrance." Shawn sighs. We were going to have to go through the crowd.

"Don't let go of my hand." I demand, getting out of the car.

"Shawn!"

"Y/N is Shawn there?"

"I love you Shawn!"

The fans were really loud.

I open Shawn's door and he looks at me worryingly.

"Oh... Y/N I put my Snapchat location on public by mistake." Shawn groans, taking his seatbelt off.

"Right hold my hand honey."

I wasn't well known but Shawn was, so the fans were taking pictures, camera flashes on.

It got worse.

There were paparazzi here. It was Toronto, and they didn't normally come here.

I then realise that they were, in fact, ordinary people with proper, paparazzi style cameras.

The flash was worse. Way worse. It didn't affect me as much as Shawn, as the light would often make him dizzy and give him migraines. Also, the cameras were flashing in his face more than mine.

"Y/N I can't see!" I hear Shawn shout.

"Shawn how are you coping with your rape?"

"How's Hailey Baldwin?"

"Is she in jail?"

I could tell this was upsetting Shawn so I begin walking faster, but hand looses his.

"Shawn!" I shout, eyes darting for him in the crowd. "Shawn!"

There was no hope.

I then see him, face flat on the floor.

There were security officers surrounding us, ushering the fans away.

I go over to Shawn, who was now sitting up.

"Are you okay?" I ask Shawn, running up to him.

"Y... yeah... my ankle hurts..." he had tears in his eyes, his scar from that night more visible as it had been cut open again.

"Come on, I'll ask your mum to pick up our groceries, let's get you home."

I knew this situation had upset Shawn rather than angered him, and he was really quiet on the way back.

I decide to drive on the way back as Shawn's ankle was painful.

Parking up, I go over to Shawn's side and help him limp inside.

"Right, you lay in bed, I'll get you some ice and a bandage." I help him lay down in bed and elevate his leg, then wrap it up in a bandage and put some ice on it. "I think its sprained."

"Y/N they asked me"

"About what?"

"That night Y/N... they asked me about Hailey and..." he stops, letting a tear fall from his eye.

"Hey, don't get upset. They had no right to ask you that, you may be famous but that's not fair." I comfort him, wiping his tears.

"I know. Its really not fair. That night still hurts." He goes all quiet at the end, getting upset.

"Don't cry honey, you didn't deserve any of that." I pull him into my arms, his head rests on my chest. "You look tired, get to sleep for a while." I suggest, letting him sleep in my arms.

This was so random but yeah