▪ ■ sixteen ■ ▪

So close to 1k arghhh I have period pain and I'm home bc I'm dying and I'm watching Victorious to cheer me up hehe

Your POV

I wake up at 6am naturally and realise that we both must've remained asleep after Shawn's therapy session - we had been asleep since 4pm the day before. I feel Shawn's head in my neck, his arm around my waist.

I admire his face - lips slightly parted as he was breathing slowly, eyelashes  fluttering every few seconds, cheek scar positioned so innocently. But, there was a huge bruise on his cheek, from where Hailey had hit him.

His face represented him perfectly - incredibly innocent, sweet and beautiful, but scarred, bruised and in pain.

Shawn's eyes opened. He looked about a little, but didn't realise that I was awake. His eyes closed again and his head dug into my shoulder. Small snores began escaping his mouth. I smile at how adorable he looked, before getting into the shower. I wanted to surprise Shawn and fly him to New York for a night.

I get changed into some black adidas leggings and a black cropped top, with a pink denim jacket. I put on some foundation, brown eyeshadow, mascara and tinted lip balm.

I decide to wake Shawn up so he could get ready. It was now 7am and the flight I had booked was at 11am.

I sit at Shawn's bedside and begin caressing his cheek. His eyes flutter open and I smile at him.

"Morning my darling." I kiss the bruise on his cheek and he sits up. "I have a surprise for you. Get ready."

"What is it?" He asks eagerly.

"You'll see." I wink at him and he gets into the shower. He puts on a grey top and black skinnies, or what I like to call it, the 'typical Shawn' look. "Come here. Lemme fix your hair." I begin taking my fingers through his hair to get rid of the knots, then take some hair gel through his hair. "All done." I kiss his cheek and help him stand.

"Thanks Y/N. I love you."

"I love you too hun." I pull him into a hug, putting my arms around his neck. "How is my baby today?"

"I feel a little better today." He gives me a weak smile.

"That's good darling. Lets go." I grab his hand and we walk out of the door.

That was mistake number one. We should have never left.

We decide to fly private as there were no flights. It was only an hour long flight.

Shawn was still tired - as soon as we take off, Shawn's head falls to my shoulder.

"I'm tired Y/N." Shawn tells me, moving his legs up.

"Its probably the lupus, are you in any pain?"

"Not really Y/N. I got a phone call that they can do some chemo from next week."

"That's really good, well not the side effects but the fact that it'll help the lupus and pain." I rub his shoulder in a comforting way.

"Yeah... where are we going?"

"New York. I was gonna take you shopping or something."

"What? Y/N thanks!" He kisses my cheek and we begin our descent.

As soon as we got off the plane, we decided to go get lunch as it was 1pm.

There was a pizza place near the fashion side of New York. (Sorry I've never been to New York so idk if this is accurate.)

"Sit down. I'll get some cutlery and sauces." I leave Shawn at a table in the corner.

That was mistake number two. I should have never left Shawn alone.

Shawn's POV

I'm so hungry! Which pizza should I get? I was craving a margarita but they had some crazy toppings here.

That's when it happened. I hear the sound of high heels coming towards me. I look up and I freeze.

It was Hailey.

I couldn't speak, or move. I still try to stand and walk away.

"No, baby no. Don't walk away." She approaches me and takes her cold hand up my shirt, digging her acrylics into my surgical wound, making me wince in pain. Her other hand moves to my bruise on my cheek, and she digs her nails into it. "You know you want it." She says seductively.

I could have easily walked away but I couldn't move. I'm frozen. Completely numb. She kisses me and bites my lip hard, making it bleed. My legs give in and I fall, hitting my head awfully hard on a table. She stands on my arms, her stiletto heels digging into my wrists, making them bleed.

My breathing got so fast. So fast to the extent where I couldn't breathe. I try to get up but I can't move. The panic consumes me completely. I couldn't see or hear anything. The last thing I hear is Y/N's voice.

Your POV

I turn around and see her. Her. I don't think for a second - I just run over to where I left Shawn.

He had fallen on the ground, head and wrists bleeding. There was some blood seeping through his shirt.

"Hey!" I yell and push Hailey to the ground. Wait... I thought she got arrested? "Shawn sweetie wake up please." I shake his shoulders and he doesn't wake up. "Someone help!" I shout frantically, and someone called an ambulance for me.

I grab my scarf, tear it in half and wrap his wrist up, before holding a tissue to his bleeding forehead.

I just wanted Shawn to be okay.

Brb bye