▪ ■ four ■ ▪

Part 4 yay

Your POV

"Right Shawn. This might make you a bit nauseous at first, but in the next few days you'll feel tired, sick, have tummy trouble and dry skin." Dr Jackson explains whilst inserting the cannula into his arm.

"It'll be fine." I rub his arm comfortingly.

"That's done. It'll take a few hours to fully go in."

"Can I sleep?" Shawn asks.

"That's fine. I'll close the curtains for you." Dr Jackson closes the curtains and leaves.

"Ugh this is so annoying I hate it! I just wish this never ever happened to me. I'm always tired and in pain and now its gonna get worse and..." I interrupt him by kissing his lips.

"This is going to be hard for you I understand. But you need to somehow get through this. Don't get worked up, it'll be over before you know it." I explain to him calmly. "Now babes get yourself to sleep. Its difficult but you can do this." I stroke his hair and lay next to him. I cuddle him tight and he falls asleep in my arms.

A few hours later, Karen comes in, followed by Aaliyah. Shawn is still fast asleep.

"How is it going?" She whispers and takes a seat next to the bed. I feel Shawn's head move, his hair tickles the crook of my neck. He swings his leg over my hip and his head stays on my shoulder. I stroke his hair and try to keep him asleep.

"I think it's going okay." I turn and look at the IV bag and its three quarters empty.

"He's gonna feel sick so lets keep him sleeping. I don't want to see him in pain." Karen says, reaching out for Shawn's hand.

"I'm already awake." I hear Shawn say and we laugh.

"How is my baby?" I ask him.

"Tired and dizzy." He keeps his eyes closed and digs his head into my shoulder. I rub my hand up and down his back.

"Its nearly done sweetheart." His mum tells him.

"I want to sleep." Shawn wraps his arms around my waist and I hold him tight. I pull the blanket over him to keep him warm as he had no shirt on.

"Right we will let you rest for the night. Y/N are you staying?" Karen asks.

"Yeah I will do." I smile at them as they leave.

The nurse then comes in.

"The IV bag is empty so I can take the cannula out." She takes the plaster from around the needle off. "This might be a little uncomfortable." She pulls the needle out and puts a cotton ball on the insert point. "Press down on this." She puts a big plaster over it. "All done. You need to stay here the night. There's a sick bucket here and we can give you something for the sickness if it gets bad."

"Get some rest." I stroke his hair and kiss his forehead. "Lemme know if you feel sick."

"I'm okay now. Thank you Y/N. Thank you for being here for me these past few years. You've stuck by me and I know now I'm gonna get sick and disgusting and yeah... but thank you for not leaving me." This makes me smile.

"I love you more than you'll ever know Shawnie." He points to his mouth and I hold the bucket as he throws up the contents of his stomach.

"My stomach hurts." He complains and I begin rubbing his tummy gently to ease his pain. Shawn meant a lot to me as he wasn't like most guys - he stuck by me too. He doesn't get grossed out by periods, he is protective of me yet let me go out whenever I wanted. Above all he trusted me.

"Does that help?"

"Yeah. Thanks Y/N." He kisses my cheek.

Things got a lot worse the next day, when Shawn was sent home.

"Right Shawn, you can go upstairs if you like." Karen said.

"I'll take you up." I put my arms around him and help him upstairs. I help get him changed into something more comfortable.

"I feel sick again Y/N... I feel like crap. Is this gonna help?" I could tell he was worried and he was going to start feeling a lot worse as they upped the dosage of chemo.

"Come on." I help him sit down infront of the toilet and he leaned on me. I begin rubbing his back to try and make him feel better.

"This is just... I thought I'd be able to cope and it'd all be over but I don't know Y/N."

"Shawn I know how hard this is going to be for you but you need to fight it and get past it." I say, holding his hair back as he vomits into the toilet. I flush it and help get a very tired Shawn into bed. "They said its going to make you even more tired than normal so its best that you get to sleep early." I tuck him into bed and pull a chair next to his bed. I hold his hand and stroke his hair.

"I really want this to go away."

"Well the chemo is supposed to start kicking in soon so you might go into remission, which is when the disease calms down and the symptoms ease off."

"I want that to happen soon. I want to get on the road again and finish the tour. I can't really do much lying in bed can I." He sighs.

"It'll all be over in a while. We are all with you Shawn. Don't worry." I lean down and give him a quick kiss on the lips. "Now get some sleep. I'll be right here... goodnight Shawn."

"Night Y/N."

As Shawn fell asleep, I notice that the rash had faded from his face. I was happy as this indicated that he was getting better.

Little did we know that things were about to get a whole lot worse...

Dundunduuuuuuun againnnn lol