▪ ■ twenty four ■ ▪

I'm so sick today 😭😭😭

Your POV

"I sentence you to two years in prison for sexual assault." The judge decides. Is that it? She almost killed Shawn!

Sexual assault? That was rape not assault! Attempted manslaughter had been ignored. I was very angry, but I had to keep calm for Shawn's sake.

"Shawn" I look at my boyfriend - he was crying his eyes out, he looked completely done.

"Your honour can I speak?" Shawn sobs.

"Of course." He lets Shawn speak.

"She knew about my transplant as she texted me about it! I even have evidence of that. She knew too much alcohol would kill me but she lied! Lied and gave me a drink full of it! If that wasn't enough she took me into a room, took my clothes off, hit me and then raped me. A few weeks after that, when I had began to see light in this period of darkness, she assaulted me in New York. Instead of leaving me alone respectfully, she put me in hospital. I almost died because of her. I died mentally because of what happened. Do you honestly think two years is enough?" Shawn screams, about to break down any second.

That was the most he had ever said about what had happened to him. He was in pain - all I wanted was to ease his aching heart, but I couldn't.

"We can review the sentence in two weeks but nothing can be done before then. Session over." The judge leaves, and Hailey is taken away by the guards.

I go and help Shawn walk out of the courtroom and into the taxi.

"Hey look at me Shawn. We will do something. Don't worry honey, please. It'll all be absolutely fine." I hold his face in my hands.

"I just want to get into bed." He lays his head on my leg, and I take my fingers through his hair as we travel back to the hotel. My leg began to feel damp, and I realised it was because Shawn was crying.

I could do nothing to help. All I could do was hold him and tell him it was going to be okay.

"It'll be over soon, its gonna be okay." I say into his ear. He nuzzles his head into me neck.

"But what about me? Am I going to be okay?" That line broke my heart into a million pieces, and my grip around him tightened.

When we arrive, it was 7pm so I order some food for us. Shawn was adamant that he didn't want to eat, but I ordered him two chocolate chip muffins just in case he changes his mind.

Shawn was in the bathroom showering and the shower turned off a while ago, so I went to check on him.

I knock on the door.

"Shawn are you okay?" No response. "Shawn?" I try to open the door. Its unlocked so I manage to go in.

I see Shawn, my baby, my absolute world, the love of my life, asleep in the bathtub. He was exhausted.

"Shawn look at me. Come here baby, please come sit with me here. Actually let me clean my baby up first." I help him stand in the bathtub. I had a feeling he was sick. He was able to stand without aid, a good sign.

I rinse his body, then help him dress into some tracksuit bottoms and lay him down.

"Y/N I need... I need some painkillers... everything hurts so bad!" He grips my hand tightly, and I get his painkillers out of the drawer.

"Let me check your temperature." I get the thermometer and see if he had a fever. "100.2." I sigh as I turn the air con up to cool the room down. I look at his face - a rash was forming around his cheeks, nothing too visible at the moment but it was there.

"Y/N can you hold me? I don't feel good."

"Please tell me what's going on Shawnie, talk to me." I lay beside him and his head moves to my shoulder.

"It hurts... my whole body feels like someone is consistently throwing stuff at me." He explains, leaving me wondering if I should take him to hospital. I decide to call the hotel medic.

"Shawn please its okay. I've called the medic to come and help." There was a knock on the door and the medic walks in.

"Hi I'm Laura the hotel medic. What seems to be the problem?" She asks, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Shawn has lupus, and he's complaining of body pain. There's a rash on his face and he has a fever. I'm just wondering if he needs to go to hospital?"

"Let me check his vitals." Laura checks his body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure. "He has a moderate fever but the rest is normal. I can give him some stronger painkillers but he just needs lots of rest."

"Are we able to fly back to Toronto tomorrow?" I ask.

"Er... as long as he doesn't walk at the airport it should be fine. Just get him a wheelchair and make sure that he sleeps. The flight isn't long so I think he should be okay." Laura explains. "Here is some co codomol for the pain. It has paracetamol in it so don't take them both together. Just rest up. The thing with lupus is that it can flare up for a few weeks, then you might have no symptoms for a while before it gets bad. I think its just a flare up. The rash will die down on its own so don't worry too much." She explains before leaving.

"Thank you." I say as I close the door. "I ordered you some muffins, do you want to eat?"

"No I'm not hungry." He says, emotionless.

"Come here, let me talk to you." I take my hands through his hair, but he flinches. He wouldn't let me touch him. All I could see was pain. Pain in his eyes, pain in his head, pain in his heart. His body was aching, he was absolutely shattered.

He was done.

I was gonna continue this chapter but I thought I'd be nice and leave it on a cliffhanger hehe