▪ ■ seven ■ ▪

It snowed but I had school so there's no point of it. Like -3 outside omg I'm so cold.

I'm British and when one snowflake falls its snowmagedon so yeah idek if its spelt like that but you get the point.

Your POV

"Shawn... honey wake up." Its almost noon and the Doctors wanted to check on Shawn. His operation was tomorrow.

"Mmm I'm tired Y/N."

"The doctors need to see you quickly then I promise you can sleep." I help him sit, then sit behind him to support his weight.

"Hello Shawn how are you feeling?" Dr Jackson asks, sitting down.

"I'm just really tired."

"That's normal. You've not eaten in a few days so you'll feel week. I need to check your height, weight and other details. I need you to stand for me Shawn." He stands but nearly falls as he is so weak, but manages to balance himself.

"Height is 6ft 2. Stand on the scale." She reads it out loud. "Weight is 172 pounds." He had lost 10 pounds. "Right you can get back into bed. I'm going to take bloods and check his other vitals are normal so we can go ahead with the surgery tomorrow." Dr Jackson checks his blood pressure, heart rate and body temperature. "Temperature is a bit high, rest is normal. I just need to do a quick blood test." She inserts a needle into the back of his hand and takes a few bottles of blood. "You'll feel a bit dizzy as I took a few bottles of blood. I'll see you later." With that, she leaves me alone with Shawn.

I notice his hair is a little messy so I begin taking my fingers through his hair to untangle the knots.

"How are you?" I ask him.

"I don't know Y/N. I just want things to go back to the way they used to be. I can't get on with my life."

"It'll all be over soon just hold on for a while longer honey." I notice he's yawning so I pull the blanket over him so that he can rest.

The next morning, Shawn was up early as his surgery was at 9am.

They took him into the theatre and I came with him.

"Shawn" I reach out for his trembling hand. He was frightened. "Please don't get scared sweetie."

"I... I'm fine Y/N." He smiles weakly as the surgeon puts an oxygen mask on him.

"Count to 10. The anaesthetic should begin to work quickly."

"Y/N... if I don't make it I love you..." he falls asleep before I even get to say anything back.

"The operation should last four hours or so." The surgeon tells me as I turn around to leave.

"Thank you." I say before going into the waiting room, where Karen was waiting.

"How was he?" She asks.

"He... he was terrified." I sigh as I take a seat.

"I... I had to tell Aaliyah. It was only fair, but I told her this morning that he was having an operation. I didn't mention why. Besides she's on hockey training in Calgary all week." She explains.

"That's okay. I just want him to be happy and be able to live his life again." I look out of the window. It was a warm, sunny day.

"I agree. He needs to accept that he's sick and that'll really help him in the long run." She looks me in the eye. "You look tired Y/N. Get some sleep."

"Yeah the bed here isn't too comfy."

"Come on. Shawn will be there for four hours. I'll take you home for a while." I leave the hospital for the first time since Shawn was admitted and go home.

I get straight into bed and am fast asleep almost instantly.

"Y/N." Karen shakes me awake. "We need to start heading off soon."

"How long did I sleep?"

"Three hours or so." I look at the time. 12 13pm. I get changed and we get into the car.

As soon as we arrive, the surgeon comes out.

"The operation was successful. He should make a full recovery, but he is going to be in a lot of pain for a few weeks. He is in the recovery room. One visitor at a time please."

"Thanks so much!" Happy tears fall from my eyes.

"Y/N go in first." Karen says, smiling. I nod and slowly open the door.

The smile wiped off my face.

He looked lifeless.

Machines hooked up all around him, oxygen mask on and several IV bags attached to Shawn, who was in the middle of all the machinery. I hear him groan in pain.

"Y/N..."

"Sweetheart I'm right here." I stand by his bed and hold his hand in mine. He was still shaking. "You're okay now. Its over." I move some hair out of his forehead. His eyes close and open routinely. I think he is just slipping in and out of consciousness, which is normal as he just had major surgery.

I lean down and press a kiss to his forehead. Dr Jackson comes in.

"He's gonna be fine. We are about to move him into a ward where we will hook him up to morphine. He is going to be in a hell of a lot of pain so we need him to keep taking painkillers." I was just happy that he was alive at this point.

Karen and I are told to go back to the ward as they bring him in.

He was fast asleep when they bought him in.

"We need to take the gown off him. I need to put a plaster on his wound." The nurse says. I gently wake Shawn.

"I just need you to sit up for one second." I say quietly and support his body up as the nurse takes his gown off. "And that's done. You can sleep now if you like." He instantly closes his eyes and fell asleep.

The nurse pulls his blanket down a little and my jaw drops - there was a huge diagonal scar from his lower abdomen right up to his chest. It must be at least nine inches long, if not more. I have to turn around for a second as she puts the plaster on.

"That's done." I turn to face Shawn and pull the blanket over him so that he stays warm. I sit at his bedside and stay with him as he rested.

So yeah hope you liked it xx