▪ ■ three ■ ▪

Part 3 yay

Your POV

The next morning, I wake at 8am naturally. Shawn's appointment was at 10am so we had to leave at 9 latest. I decide to wake him up so he can get ready.

"Shawn darling" I play with his hair and he wakes up quickly. "How are you?"

"Everything just hurts... I want it to stop!" I wrap my arms around him.

"Today they are going to go through a range of different medications and you can choose which one is best. That'll help with the pain."

I get a pair of clean sweats and a hoodie from his drawers so that he could be comfortable. I put on some black and purple exercise leggings and a white top with my blue oversized denim jacket. I put one some foundation, brow gel, simple gold eyeshadow just in the inner corner, mascara and lip balm, keeping it simple.

I go downstairs and make Shawn some toast. I begin eating my coco pops after spreading nutella on his toast.

Shawn comes downstairs and begins eating his breakfast. Karen comes shortly after.

"Morning." Karen kisses Shawn's cheek and turns the kettle on.

"Morning." I say whilst making Shawn some cranberry tea.

"Y/N can you take Shawn? I've been called into work and need to take Aaliyah to school."

"That's fine." After we finish eating, we get into the car. I take a blanket with me and cover Shawn up with it. I put his seat a bit back so he could sleep if needed.

The drive to the hospital is silent as Shawn went to sleep. It takes forty minutes but we get there eventually.

"Wake up Shawn." I rub my thumb against his face and he wakes up. I go over to his side of the car and help him out.

I support Shawn's weight as we walk to the reception.

"Shawn Mendes." I say to the receptionist.

"Go to ward T6." She tells us. That was on the top floor, on the other side of the hospital and Shawn wouldn't be able to walk that far as he was weak, tired and in pain.

"Please can we have a wheelchair?" The receptionist nods and we sit and wait for one to be brought. "Sorry Shawn... its far and you're in pain and..."

"Its okay. I would've asked for one too." This must be hard for him as Shawn had a lot of strength in him as he was athletically built (😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍) and now he basically had little to no strength left, all in a few weeks.

The wheelchair arrives and I push it to the ward. I was a little confused as to why they were calling him to a proper ward.

We get there and are instantly shown to a private room.

"Are they admitting him?" I ask the nurse.

"I'm not too sure, the doctor will be here soon and she will know." The nurse tells me and the doctor comes in.

"Hi Shawn I'm doctor Isabella Jackson. I'll be your doctor for the foreseeable future." She's younger than I expected, probably newly qualified. She shakes our hands and sits down. "Right Shawn you've been diagnosed with lupus. You're aware of what it is right?" Shawn nods. "I would give you a choice, but based on your lifestyle and severity of the illness, I think immediate chemotherapy is the best option."

I'm very confused - chemo is for cancer?

"Chemo normally treats cancer but smaller doses are good for lupus. We want to start today, but there are some side effects. This included vomiting, fatigue, hair loss and infection." She explains.

"I want it if it helps." Shawn decides and I agree with him.

"All good. We will need you to sign some forms. It'll take eight hours, and we will keep you the night to monitor any side effects." Dr Jackson leaves and I decide to lay with Shawn.

"You're incredibly brave Shawn." I put my arm around his shoulder.

Karen then calls me and I tell her what's going on.
"I just want to get better so I can get back on tour. I've had to cancel the rest of the tour and my fans want to know why."

"Its up to you whether you want to tell them or not darling."

"I'm gonna tell them. I want to write something up." Shawn begins typing on his phone and comes up with this:

To my fans

I want to start by saying thank you to all of you for supporting me for the past five years. You guys mean everything to me and I love every single one of you.

As you are aware, I have had to cancel the rest of my tour due to medical reasons. I apologise for any inconvenience caused as I know you wanted to see me, but think it is time for me to explain to you what has been happening.

On Tuesday, I was diagnosed with a condition called lupus. It is a systemic autoimmune disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. This affects everyone differently. At the moment, the severe pain and fatigue has had a negative impact on my life, which has caused me to cancel my shows.

There is no cure for this illness. One way to help manage it is to undergo chemotherapy, which I will be going through in the next few days.

I would like to apologise for cancelling my shows but on this occasion, I have to put myself and my health first.

Thank you
Love Shawn x

I read it to myself and its perfect.

"Post it." Shawn posts it onto Instagram just as Dr Jackson comes in, followed by a nurse with medical equipment.

"I need you to take your shirt off Shawn so I can insert the needle." With that, the process of chemotherapy begins

Two chapters in one dayyyy