▪ ■ twenty three ■ ▪

I'm rewatching 13 Reasons Why and I'm crying omg

Your POV - two weeks later

Shawn was discharged a day earlier than expected, and he had been given some anti biotic tablets. He made a full recovery, and was getting back to normal. He seemed happier, more joyful.

He had released a new single. In My Blood. He poured his heart into it and recording it. It meant the absolute world to him, and he cried the entire day it was released purely because of how emotional it was.

Shawn had improved mentally and I was proud of him. He had come far.

But there was one huge hurdle.

Hailey's trial.

A few weeks earlier, Shawn was sent a date. It was in two days today.

We had to fly out to New York. Shawn was still recovering from his surgery, so was on some painkillers. He had to testify, which meant that he had to see Hailey. That would destroy him.

"Shawn" I go and check up on him. He was sitting at the dressing table, staring into thin air. He was wearing a white top and black skinny jeans, tears welling in his eyes. I stand beside him and he presses his head into my stomach, holding my waist. "Deep breaths." I take my fingers through his hair, calming him.

"I can't do it Y/N... I can't face her." He sobs, my top getting wet due to his tears.

"I'm going to be right next to you. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise Shawn, you're gonna be okay." I coo, holding him close.

"Thank you Y/N for all this."

"Its honestky okay. I do it because I love you and I don't want to see you hurting." I begin sorting his hair out, gelling it in place. "Come on. Our flight leaves soon." I hold Shawn's hand as we leave the apartment.

When we got to New York, we had time to kill before the trial. I decided to get Shawn a quick lunch, so we went to the hotel and ordered a pizza. Shawn sat down on a sofa in front of the fire.

"Y/N"

"Whats up?" I stand behind him and massage his shoulders, easing the tension out of him.

"What if she gets away with it?" He looks me in the eye, pain evident. "I won't be able to live like that. With the person who ruined my life still out there and free. I'm gonna go insane."

"Shawn she almost killed you. She'll be locked up for a very long time, don't worry." I hold his head against my chest and we stay like that for a while.

"Its time to go Y/N. The uber is here." We hold hands as we walk to the taxi. I let Shawn get in first because the papparazi were surrounding us.

"Come here." I could tell Shawn was struggling, so I let him lay his head in my lap. "Keep calm. You'll be absolutely fine." I reassure him, holding his hand.

"I hope so."

We get into the court room and are seated at the front.

Then she comes in.

Hailey.

She's wearing a full face of makeup, Calvin Klein jeans and a channel top, with sky high heels. That proves how little guilt she had in her.

I look over at Shawn and tears were falling from his eyes, his head falling to my shoulder. I could do nothing to stop his tears.

"Hailey Rhode Baldwin. You have been accused of the following: sexual harassment, spiking a drink and giving it to Mendes, fully knowing that it could've killed him because of medical reasons." The judge explains. It angers me how the word 'rape' isn't used - she clearly raped Shawn, and he was dealing with the aftermath in such a horrific way - Shawn was diagnosed with depression after the event. The therapist told me that an event like this can cause low mood and anxiety that many sufferers of Lupus have to worsen, and can cause the low mood to turn into depression. Shawn was self harming and literally hated himself because of what this monster did to him.

"I object. I did not know of his transplant." She scoffs, giving Shawn a spiteful smile behind the judge's back.

"The evidence suggests otherwise. Mr Mendes, please come forward." Shawn froze, and I had to help him to his feet. He nervously walks forward, sitting on the chair at the podium.

"Now Mr Mendes, please can you explain what happened. Remember you are under oath so you have to tell the truth."

Shawn began to speak, pain in his voice.

"Well... I... she... Hailey gave me a drink... and then I felt sick so I went into the hotel room... and she followed me then when I said no she... she... she..." He couldn't say it as he was so distressed. I wanted to hug him but I wasn't allowed to move from my seat.

"I'm going to need you to say it Mr Mendes." The judge says sympathetically.

"Hit me then r... raped me..." As soon as the words leave his mouth he throws up into a nearby cleaning bucket. I run up and sit behind him, rubbing his back.

"You wanted it Shawn!" Hailey yells.

"Silence Miss Baldwin! We also have video evidence outlining exactly what Mr Mendes said. I'm going to sentence you to..."

Sorry lol bye