▪ ■ eleven ■ ▪

Thanks for all the support ❤ thanks for 500 views guys x

Time skip of four weeks

Your POV

"Come on." I was taking Shawn for a walk today. We were going on a short stroll around the block as that's all Shawn was allowed.

"I can't believe I can actually leave the house after so long." Shawn walks over to me and smiles.

"I'm really proud of you for getting this far." I pat his shoulder and then hold his hand as we walk out of the apartment.

"I just want to get outside Y/N. I hate being inside for so long." He explains, and I squeeze his hand.

"It's okay, we can start heading out more often now." We begin walking slowly in a comfortable silence.

After ten minutes, I see a bench on the corner of the pavement. I take a look at Shawn, and I could tell he was struggling as this was his first time walking this much in a while, and he was still recovering from major surgery.

"Shawn honey, lets take a break yeah." He nods and I guide him to the bench and we sit down. He's sitting with his arms on his knees, looking at the ground below. I put my arms around his shoulders and begin to massage them gently.

"That's hard work Y/N... what's happened to me?" He leans his head towards me, seeking comfort.

"You've had major surgery Shawn, its gonna be tough on you. Your muscles aren't used to walking around for a while honey, please don't get upset darling. There's nothing wrong with you." I comfort, stroking his hair. "Now lets get back." I help him to his feet and we walk back to the apartment. I get Shawn inside and he goes into the shower whilst I put some spaghetti on the stove.

I begin making the sauce. I add chopped onions and the meat, and let it stir, before adding some peppers and tomato sauce - Shawn ate tomato sauce weirdly. I then add the stock cube and let it simmer for a while.

The spaghetti had boiled so I drain it into the sink just as a shirtless Shawn walks in.

"What have you made?" He asks, sitting on the sofa. We had an open plan apartment, so the kitchen, living room and dining table were all in the same room.

"Spaghetti Bolognese." I reply. "Its almost done." I see his surgical scar, still on his left side. Eight inches long, pink and clearly visible. It makes me feel sorry for him, so I go over to him and hold him in my arms. He lays his head on my lap. I get a cushion and place it under his head so that his head was closer to my face.

I inspect his face - he had small eye bags forming, pale skin, pinkish cheeks. I feel his forehead and he feels warm to touch. I think he was getting sick.

"Sweetie are you feeling okay?" I ask softly.

"I... okay I have a headache and my body is aching."

"Sweetie you should have told me."

"I didn't want to worry you princess." He replies, laying on his side facing me.

"Lets lay you down in bed." I help him to our bedroom. He lays on the bed and I put a cold wash cloth on his forehead. I get a thermometer and check his ear temperature. "You have a slight fever. Nothing too high." I explain, putting a blanket over him.

"I'm so tired Y/N."

"I'm gonna get you some lunch then you can sleep honey." I go and put the spaghetti I made into a plate and put the sauce over it. I get a glass of orange juice and take it to Shawn's bedside.

'Thanks Y/N." He pouts, so I roll my eyes and give him a quick kiss.

"Eat up. I'll get you some painkillers." I get him some ibuprofen. "I think its the lupus flaring up. You get body pain and a slight fever with that too. Just take your painkillers and I'll cuddle you. Deal?" He nods and I take the empty plate into the kitchen. I get into bed next to Shawn and he rests his head on my chest, breathing deeply.

"How am I gonna cope with this Y/N? It's too much." He sounds upset so I begin stroking his hair.

"I know you can get through it. You're the strongest person I know and I can't tell you how proud we all are of you. I think the best thing for you to do is rest up so that you can slowly gain your energy back." I smile at him and a weak smile forms on his face.

"Thanks Y/N. Can you cuddle me like a baby?" He asks so very innocently.

"You are a baby Shawn." I joke and he crawls between my legs and falls asleep laying on me.

The calm before the TWO storms coming soon!! Maybe even as soon as the next chapter...