▪ ■ eighteen ■ ▪

Its snowing outside and yeah

Your POV

That was the moment when justice would finally be served for a male victim.

"Why... why is she here?" Shawn's grip around me tightens, and so does my grip around him.

"She says she didn't hurt you so we brought her here to see what she's done to you." One of the officers explains. Hailey smirks at Shawn, and all the anger I had inside me was released.

"What? You think this is funny? You think putting someone in hospital twice is funny? You think that someone needing therapy because your actions have made them literally want to kill themselves is funny? You think almost killing Shawn is funny? He was going through a tough time anyway, you added fuel to the hell fire that was his life. You're the reason why he cries himself to sleep every night. You're the reason why we can't leave him alone. Why? Because I'm scared that he will die if he's alone. That's funny, eh? Well then you're a sick individual who deserves to be put in jail for as long as you live!" I scream angrily.

"Don't worry miss, she isn't allowed bail. The trial is in a month, and we need Shawn to testify." The officer explains. Shawn's face was pale and still.

"Thank you. Please can you get her out of here? Its hurting Shawn."

"Yes. Thanks." The monster leaves and my attention turns to Shawn.

"Shawn I'm so sorry that you had to see her. Are you okay?"

"I want to go home Y/N." He digs his head into my shoulder, seeking comfort.

"I'll ask the nurse if you can go yeah." I press the nurse call button.

"Hey. Everything alright?" The nurse asks.

"Yeah... was just wondering if Shawn can go home?"

"I was just coming to tell you that he's free to go. Just rest and take it easy for a few weeks and I've given some painkillers for his head." Shawn has a concussion because of his fall.

"Lets get you back to Toronto. The volcanic ash has dissipated so your family will be home tomorrow." Karen, Manny and Aaliyah had been stuck in South America because of a volcanic eruption.

As soon as we reached our apartment, I got Shawn changed and got him into bed. It was now 1am and we had been out since before 8am, so we were exhausted.

I hear a knock on the door. I wonder who would be here this late at night.

"Selena? Hey!" I give her a quick hug and she comes in.

"How is Shawn doing?"

"He's sleeping but you can check on him." We both sit at Shawn's bedside, and Selena gently strokes his hair.

"Poor thing." She coos, holding Shawn's hand. He squeezes her hand tight. "Are you awake?"

"I can't sleep."

"Come here." I lay next to Shawn and his head rests in the crook of my neck. "That's it. Get to sleep." I put my arms around him and make sure he's asleep before I sleep.

I was up early the next morning. Shawn was still sleeping, so I decide to let him rest. I just wanted to hold him and tell him that it was all going to be alright, but it wasn't and we knew it.

"Y/N" I heard Shawn call. I go into our room and sit with him. "I want to see mum. Please can you take me?"

"She said she will come here. I need you to be resting, they said the stitches need to heal before you do anything strenuous. Plus you have chemo next week."

"I just want to live my life again. Like not be in pain all the time. I just wish... I wish this never happened Y/N."

"Shawn you're going through this because you're strong. If this happened to me or anyone else we wouldn't be coping nearly as well as you. Just keep going honey, you can do this." I lean forward and kiss his forehead.

"My head hurts." Shawn had a concussion which would probably be causing pain.

"Let me massage it love." I let him rest his head on my chest, and I gently massage his head, trying to take his pain away.

"Shawn your mum's here." Selena comes in, and in comes Karen, a bag full of snacks in her hand.

"Mummy" Shawn's eyes tear up in pain and she pulls him into her arms.

"It's okay, I'm right here. Please don't cry." She coos, holding him tight.

I knew what this was really about. Shawn was upset about being raped and beaten but didn't want to say anything. It was too painful for him. I wanted to be able to take care of him and take his pain away, and it hurt me to see him this upset.

"It hurts mum..."

"I know it does cupcake but please don't get upset."

"Do you want some tea?" I ask, stroking his hair.

"Yeah... thanks Y/N."

"No worries."

The next chapter or two might not include the rape storyline as its about something else but I'll be concluding the rape plot soon xx