ღNever look backღ

Kise didn't dare to call Airi. He couldn't. After what he did, she wouldn't pick up her phone anyway. Kise never thought his playfulness in the past would lead to someone getting hurt. He promised he would protect her because she was like a jewel to him. And what did he do? Leave the jewel behind with his past self. 

Kuroko told him he should be nicer to her. Did he also know of her pain too? How could he have been so blind back then? She was so close to him and he couldn't see her. 

Kise thought about the way Airi was in his senpai's arms. She looked so protected in his arms and she held onto him. Kise can feel a little pain in his heart...

Back with Kasamatsu and Airi, he finally walked her to her home. She had stopped crying too. Kasamatsu was glad she had stopped crying. He doesn't like seeing her upset. 

"So Kise was the one who used you as a trophy, huh?" Kasamatsu didn't want to believe Kise was capable of such a horrible thing. Why would Kise do that to her? Weren't they good friends? "He's the reason why you can no longer trust others. You're scared everyone are out to get you, huh?" 

"I managed to get through Middle school because of you, senpai. I'm grateful for what you've done for me." 

"All I did was check up on you at the park." 

"I loved those after school visits." 

"You have to use that word?" 

"What? I love the things senpai do." 

"..." Kasamatsu groaned, annoyed that this girl always say things that makes his face go red. 

"Senpai, thank you..." Airi kissed Kasamatsu on the cheek. 

"Yuzuriha!" He missed her because she dodged his fist. "How dare you dodge it!?"

"See you tomorrow, senpai~!" And the door closed. 

"Yuzuriha... You weird girl..." But he couldn't help but smile a little...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kise wanted to speak to Airi but the guilt and shame piled on him too much that he was unable to say a thing. Kise wanted to tell her that he was sorry but he knew an apology couldn't possibly fix anything. 

Seeing her in class, she was so close and so far at the same time. He was really bothered by what he did to her but there was nothing to be fixed. He had the chance to fix things but it was beyond broken. 

During break, Airi would leave the first year's classroom and go straight to the third year's classroom to find Kasamatsu. Kasamatsu always complained about her being there but he secretly enjoyed her company. Seeing how close she was with Kasamatsu, it made Kise wonder why the jewel he was supposed to protect ended up with someone else. Kise walked away with a sad look on is face.

"Yuzuriha, I need to go out for a bit. Moriyama! Keep her company!" She nodded and watched Moriyama make his way over. 

"Moriyama-senpai." She greeted the other.

"Oh? You again? It must be destiny that wanted us to connect!"

'What a weird senpai...' She thought to herself. 

"I never got your name from last time." 

"I'm Yuzuriha Airi." 

"Oh? The kanji for 'Love' and 'Reason'! You are the reason why I am in love~!" 

"..." She was honestly speechless about this.

"Hahaha, don't mind Moriyama, Yuzuriha. He is the pitiful handsome guy after all." Kobori came over. He was asked to keep Airi company too and be the middle man between a people-shy Airi and a overly-dramatic with romance Moriyama.

Airi looked up at Kobori and somehow she felt comfortable with his pressence. Kobori gives off this aura of a good guy. 

'So these two are Kasamatsu-senpai's friends and trusted team mates...' She thought as she ate her bentou.

Kasamatsu saw Kise earlier. Despite what happened, he still wanted to help the other. He got to know Kise, maybe not as long as Airi, but he knew for sure Kise's a good guy at heart. 

"Kise!" 

"Kasamatsu-senpai..." Kise excused himself from his female fans and walked to his senpai. "About last night..." 

"Yuzuriha already told me. What you did back then, it would hurt a girl's feelings." 

"I didn't know..." 

"She liked you a lot back then." 

"She hates me now..." 

"I don't Yuzuriha is the type to hate someone for so long. But seeing you acting like nothing happened, if I was her, I would have hit you." 

"What should I do? 'Sorry' isn't going to fix a thing. It's too late... Airicchi hates me." 

"How about you stop looking back at the past?" 

"Huh?" 

"If you keep looking back at the past, you will not know what is ahead of you. You should use the past as a guideline towards the future." 

"But..." 

"Trust me, she is not stuck in the past." Kasamatsu suddenly received a message. He looked at his phone to see a photo attachment from Moriyama. He opened the attachment and it was a picture of a smiling Kobori with Airi. "Look, you made her scared to meet new people, but look at her now, she can smile." 

"..." 

"Kise, I am sure Yuzuriha wants to be friends with you again." 

"But..." 

"What?" 

"She likes senpai. Senpai must have become someone way more important to her than I am." 

"..." Kasamatsu wasn't sure whether he should tell Kise. Maybe he should, he was his friend after all. "2 years ago, I saw her at the park. I ended up being friends with her, she only told me how a boy broke her heart but never gave me your name. Now, why do you think she never gave me your name before you entered Kaijou's basketball team?"

"I don't know..."

"She saw how I want to believe in you to be our ace. She didn't want me to worry about her because of you." Kasamatsu smiled at how silly Airi was. She always thought of him before she did anything. "Airi is a lot kinder than you would think." 

"Airicchi... That is why she is like a jewel to me." Kise smiled.

"We have the practice match with Seirin soon! You better improve yourself for the match and for her!" 

Kise confidently smiled and promised to do as Kasamatsu asked him to.