ღThe best for herღ

Kasamatsu re-introduced himself into her life again. Right now, he just had to accept that he was 'Kasamatsu-senpai' to her. It felt a little weird but he decided to try and get used to it for her sake. For Airi, he will be fine and try to accustom to the changes. The current her right now loved Kise, not him. 

"Even though you can't remember anything, you are still our manager. You understand?" 

"I-I guess?" 

"What do you mean, 'I guess?' Give me a 'Yes!' I'll hit you!" 

"Ouch! Don't hit me in the head!" Airi complained. 

"You are our manager, Yuzuriha Airi. And I am the captain, Kasamatsu Yukio. Remember that from now on." 

"I guess..." She saw him raise his fist. "Y-Yes! Definitely!" 

"Good." 

"..." Kise didn't know what to say. Kasamatsu was dealing with her amnesia pretty well. What made him have a change of heart? 

"Kise, we need to talk. I'll meet you guys later at Maji burger." Kasamatsu said to the other three. 

"Come, Airi-chan. Let's celebrate for now." Moriyama pat her head with a smile. 

"Celebration? What for?" 

"Getting out of the hospita(l)!" Hayakawa smiled widely.

"Thank you for coming back, Airi-chan." Kobori messed her hair up with Moriyama. 

"H-hey!" Airi was a little annoyed that they were messing her hair up but she was happy. She felt fortunate for having such nice senpais looking out for her. It made her wonder what she was like when her memories were intact. It doesn't matter for now because she's just happy that they were nice to her. 

Kasamatsu needed to speak to Kise. He needed to speak to him about what will happen for now. 

"I need you to take care of Airi for me. Don't tell her about the missing two years." 

"H-Huh?! What are you..." 

"She loves you completely right now. If you suddenly tell her that it was already over, you will end up hurting her... If she asks who I am to her, just tell her I am just a captain to her. Don't worry about anyone else telling her because I have already informed the team."

"Kasamatsu-senpai... What about you?"

"I am a captain. The Winter Cup is coming and the last thing we need is my own emotions holding the team back. I want to lead you and everyone to victory. I need to completely focus on the game." 

"B-but..." He thought Kasamatsu wanted Airi to remember him and their times together. Instead, Kasamatsu wanted him to take care of Airi. His senpai trusted him that much. "I kissed Airi..."

"I know. I have a gut feeling that you are taking advantage of it before this conversation." 

"...!" 

"Kise, I don't want to see Airi with anyone else but you..."

"Senpai..." 

"Remember that time when I lectured her?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I've thought about what you have said that day." 

"That day..." 

"Senpai, I was the one who let her go. If I had never let her go, she wouldn't have met you in the park, would she?"