ღYuzurihaღ

The first time I met Yuzuriha, she was broken. She was emotionally hurt by a boy that she cared deeply about. At that time, I was only a freshman in Kaijou and she was a 2nd year Middle school student. We had no reasons to speak to one another. Yet, I couldn't do it. I couldn't ignore her and leave her there to cry. 

Her deep ocean eyes looked up at mine when I handed her a hankerchief. I thought her eyes really suited her. We both have blue eyes but hers is a beautiful deep blue while mine is sky blue. It  was a little funny why I would notice things like this.

I am not good at dealing with girls. It has always been my weak point, something that cannot be changed over a day. 

After our first meeting at the park, that park became our usual meeting point from then on. 

I remember I could never look at her in the eyes. She noticed that about me and she decided to get patient with me and teach me how to speak to her without stuttering nonsense. She said something about looking at her forehead whenever I speak to her. And at my own pace, I have to learn to look at her in the eyes when I speak to her. 

I was skeptical at first but I found myself listening to her. And before I knew it, I can look at her in the eyes and talk to her. She is the only girl I can successfully talk to. I didn't really bother using her method to try speaking to other girls because I like talking to her, I like spending time with her at that usual park.

When I got into my 2nd year, I made it into the regulars. All of my hard work have finally paid off. I've decided that I will do everything for my team and I will not fail to win the Inter High or the Winter cup. 

"Kasamatsu-senpai, let's go to Maji burgers~ I want to treat senpai for finally becoming a regular!"

"Oi, don't cling onto my arm like that..." 

"Don't worry about the small stuff like that!" 

"I'll just eat a little." 

"Wah!" 

"W-what is it?" 

"Senpai... I forgot to get my wallet..." Why was she looking at me with crocodile tears running down her face? She's weird...

"I'll treat you then." 

"But I was supposed to treat senpai! Ah... I am an idiot..." 

"Yuzuriha,"  

"Hm?" 

"Becoming a regular is nothing. Winning as a member of the team, that is something. When I win, let's celebrate then."

"You promise? I will treat senpai until then! It's a promise!" 

"But you have to promise you will graduate Teikou." 

"Eh... I hate school though..." 

"You have to. You've made a promise to me. If you don't keep it, I'll hit you."  I remember hitting her after I said that. I loved seeing the shocked look on her face whenever I do that. 

"But you're already hitting me! Senpai is so mean!" 

"I like seeing that look on your face."