ღI need youღ

"Are you sure you are okay?"

They were just outside her house and Kobori was worried that the girl was still upset over Kasamatsu's words. Kasamatsu wouldn't say such harsh things about her; everybody knows the captain of Kaijou have a soft spot reserved just for her. What happened between the two of them? It's not like Kasamatsu to say such things about her. 

"I am."

"Kasamatsu... I'm sure he doesn't mean what he said." 

"But he did say it. That's enough." 

"Airi-chan..." 

"I don't hate Kasamatsu-senpai. I could never hate him. I just... I just never thought he could say such a thing." 

"He might be confused. I'm sure he still needs you." 

"Senpai, what happened today, don't tell him about it."

"Eh, but-" 

"The semi-finals and the finals are coming up. I want Kasamatsu-senpai and everyone to be at their best spirit." 

"I know. Still... What about you?" 

"I'll be fine." She bowed and excused herself so she can go back home. 

"..." Kobori was worried about this girl. It was so obvious that Kasamatsu was someone very important to her; to hear your important person say such things about you, that must hurt. He couldn't do anything to fix that though; that's something Kasamatsu and Airi needed to fix by themselves...

Inside her house, Airi cried against the door, she slowly slumped down to the floor and cried. 

"Kasamatsu-senpai..." She tried to figure out what she did for her senpai to treat her this way but she couldn't find the answer to that. 

At the Kasamatsu household, Kasamatsu was looking through his cell phone contacts. He stopped at Airi's name and number but he did not press anything else. 

"Yuzuriha..." What he had said about her in front of the Coach and his team mates... Was he being too harsh on her? She did say herself that she doesn't need him. If she doesn't need him, why would he need her? He tried making justifications but it just made him feel hurt on the inside. 

"Kasamatsu-senpai!"

He loved the way she called him. He loved the way she relied on him whenever she's upset. It made him feel important that he's the first person she runs to. No one else but him can ever take that from him... Until she's friends with Kise again. He saw the reality in front of him; he's replaced by Kise Ryouta. Whenever he sees them hanging out, he felt replaced even more. He wanted time to turn back for a while longer...

Airi received a call. She looked at the number and the photo of the contact with a smile. She wiped the tears away with the sleeves of her pajamas.

"Satsuki?" 

"Airi-chan~!"

"Satsuki, hey." Back in Teikou, Momoi Satsuki was her 2nd best friend after Kise. When she wanted someone to talk to, she would confide in Momoi.

"You sound upset. I wanted to ask if everything was alright in Kaijou, it's the same school Ki-chan, right?" 

"Yeah... I'm fine. Kise and I have made up again." 

"Good for you! But you still sound upset... Want to talk about it?" 

"Kasamatsu-senpai said he doesn't need me anymore... I don't know why..."