ღAiri's jobღ

Kaijou have been training during school and even during the weekend. Airi was worried that the boys will overwork themselves so she told the Coach that the boys were not listening and were training even when they should be resting. Airi had lost count how many times she had caught the boys secretly meeting up and play street basketball. Why does Kasamatsu think they wouldn't be caught? Airi has her own way of finding him and the others... 

"Why do they make my life hard?" Takeuchi sighed. 

"Don't worry, Coach. They are just exicted." 

"I know. I don't want them to overwork though. Especially Kise..." 

"Yes. I'll make sure the boys will take it easy." 

"You have a plan?" 

"Of course!" 

"Good. I knew I can rely on you. Now, I just want them to do other things other than basketball." 

"I know." 

"Hey, Yuzuriha?" 

"Hm?" 

"The other day, I was at a meeting with other teachers and we ended up talking about your incident." 

"..." The coach must be talking about the time when Airi was beating up that girl. She expected this to get to the coach, she was not surprised that he will mention it. "All I can say is, I am sorry for making the team at risk of being banned from any more club activities." She bowed, apologizing as formally as possible. Takeuchi was surprised at her attitude and he actually smiled a little. She's an ideal type of manager; reliable when the moment called for it.

"I heard from some other students that those girls were the ones who badmouthed Kasamatsu first." 

"..." 

"That loss from last year affected him a lot. I made him captain so he can take a step forward and change what he couldn't last year. He may not seem like it but it still hurts him now." He scratched the back of his head, a little annoyed of the restless boys. "The closer we are getting to the Interhigh, the more the past will creep up on him. He will need as much emotional support as possible from you and the others."

"Okay." 

"Hey, you fight like a man... You know that, right?" 

"She should have watched her mouth, no?" 

"I think so too. You have a good attitude as a manager, keep it up." 

"Thank you, Coach." 

"I also heard a little something too... About you and Kasamatsu. Are you two dating?" 

"..." She blushed a little before nodding shyly. 

"Well, it's only natural. He is 18 after all... Just tell me if he hurts you in any way, okay? I'll sort him out quicker than he uses his drive." 

'Why does everyone keep thinking Yukio-senpai is aiming to hurt me?' Airi only smiled.

"Oh yeah, you know that uniform you are preparing for the team? How are they coming along?" 

"It's coming along actually. I just have to take their measurements and they can be made to their size. Want to have a look? I designed it myself." She took out a piece of paper and on it she had done sketches of the new jerseys for Kaijou. 

"Hmm..." The new jersey were mostly white on the front and back. The sides of the top and the shorts have Kaijou's usual blue on it. "It looks good. Just go and get their measurements by today."