ღKasamatsuღ

"Huh? W-where am I?" Kise looked around him to see nothing but pure darkness. He cannot see what was beyond him because everything was black and void of life. The strangest thing, he can see himself very clearly. He must be dreaming, right? He was in his Kaijou school uniform.

"You're finally here." 

"Huh?" 

It was his own voice. How could it be... There was another him, a slightly smaller him, wearing the Teikou number 8 jersey. The other him was bouncing a basketball but the bounces had no sounds. Kise looked into the other him's eyes and he can see they were lifeless like a dead fish, the total opposite of Kise's full of life golden eyes. 

"You're..." 

"I thought you would never come here. Welcome to your dream." 

"So I am asleep? Phew! For a second, I thought I was kidnapped!" 

"But we don't have much time. Listen, you're here because you are confused, right?" 

"I'm... Confused?" 

"How about a 1-on-1?" A match against his Teikou self? Really? This dream was really weird. 

"But there are no-" Suddenly he can see his opponent's basketball hoop a distant away. He turned around to see his goal behind him. 

"When you're in a dream, everything is endless. Now, if you can score one goal... I'll give you a hint to what you're confused about." 

"O-okay..." Kise had to win no matter what!

Kise was given the ball first. He managed to break past his other self. Kise smirked, knowing he can now head straight for the goal, assuming his other self was slow. Besides, he's much stronger than his Teikou self! However, the other him stole the ball from him. He was so fast! Faster than the current Kise! Kise can see he was heading for a dunk but he was unable to stop him because of the difference in speed and strength. 

"Ryouta, if you are unable to beat me with resolve, you won't be able to win. You will continue to lose. How are you going to win anything if you are this weak minded?" The other him taunted.

"Shut up! I can beat you! I know I can!" 

They played and played, and played... Kise still haven't scored once. The other him was really good. Kise was already sweating droplets.

"Ryouta, what are you doing? When are you going to show me your resolve?" The other him ran for it and jumped for another dunk to the hoop.

"Shut up!" 

"...!" Kise was by his side and he knocked the ball out of the other self's hand. The ball bounced once and Kise quickly retrived it and ran for the hoop like there's no tomorrow.

"I... I want to win! I hate losing! I don't want to lose! I want to know what you know!" Kise's school uniform disappeared and suddenly replaced by his Kaijou number 7 jersey. "I want to know the reason why I had to break Airicchi's heart!" He let out a shout as he dunked the ball into the hoop. 

Huffing and puffing, Kise smiled a little. 

"You did a good job, Ryouta." 

"What... What is it that I do not know?" 

"Someone you used to know..." Kise can now see signs of living in the eyes of his other self. "He is the reason why you had to let Airicchi go. If he had never existed, Airicchi and you could have been happy..."

"Who is that person?" Someone was able to interfere with his love life? Who can that person be? "Who is that bastard?!"

"That person's name is-"