ღApologyღ

It was finally the day of the practice match. Kasamatsu managed to get everyone to prepare for the match. Kise had been a little neglectful of the club due to his modelling but the Coach had been keeping an eye on him so things were okay. Also, the Coach never planned to let Kise play anyway but he doesn't need to know that until the last minute...

"Knowing you, you will take a lot of pictures, huh?" Kasamatsu was having lunch on the roof with Airi as usual.

He looked at her. The way the her hair flowed with the wind was a nice sight...

"Are you okay?" He noticed she hasn't touched much of her bento. Was she already full? 

"Hm? Why wouldn't I?" She really didn't look okay. Why does she look very flushed? Could it be?

Kasamatsu put the juice box down and he sat closer to her. 

"Kasamatsu-senpai?" Airi then felt his forehead pressed against her own. What? Why was he doing this? It felt really weird to her...

"You're burning up! You're not even well!" He stood up, trying to get her up too. 

"I'm fine though..." 

"Like hell you are! You can't even stand up properly! I'm taking you to the school nurse!" 

"I'm very fine. So fine... I can walk on my own..." She ended up on the floor the moment she got out of his supporting hold. She was not helping the situation at all. 

"Idiot girl..." Kasamatsu managed to get her on his back. he slowly made his way down the stairs. She was really burning up so maybe he should get her home too. "Why are you in school if you are not well?" 

"I want to come and watch the practice match too." 

"Just that?" 

"Hm." 

"You know..." Kasamatsu started. "I'm happy that you want to come and cheer us on. I want you to be at your best form for that, okay? If you are ill, it can't be helped." 

"I'm sorry, senpai." 

"It's okay. Just take care of yourself better, okay? I'll come and see you after the match." 

"Sure." Airi was happy to know Kasamatsu cared about her. He's such a nice guy. 

When he managed to carry her to the nurse's office, there was piece of paper on the door and it said that the nurse was ill and she's not available. 

"Kasamatsu?" It was Takeuchi Genta, the Coach of Kaijou High school's boys basketball club. He was making his way to find Kasamatsu and he thought he was lucky to be able to find Kaijou's captain in his sight. He looked at Kasamatsu with a weird look because he was carrying a girl on his back. Has he finally grown immune to girls? "Are you injured? You looking for the nurse?" He chose not to question the captain.

"Not me. A friend of mine has got a very bad fever."

"She doesn't look well." The Coach was concerned. "Kasamatsu, I kinda need to borrow you for a minute... Oh! Kise! Kise! Come here for a minute!" The Coach saw Kise passing by and he thought of a great idea. "Take this girl home for Kasamatsu." 

"Huh? Airicchi? What happened to you? Why do you look weak?" 

"She's got a very bad fever. Take her home and then come back immediately. Can I trust you won't upset her while she's ill?" 

"Of course!" Kise carefully took Airi off Kasamatsu's back. The moment she was in Kise's hold, Airi managed to grab the back of Kasamatsu's shirt. She doesn't want to be left in Kise's care after all...