Chapter Five

I put the walker blood poncho on, Carl put Judith underneath his poncho, covering her view of the walkers. She was completely silent. I swear sometimes it was like she wasn't even there. "Deanna isn't coming with us," Rick said sadly.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"She's been bitten."

It was sad, but maybe it was for the best.

The air smelt horrible, but I kept my composure for the sake of everybody, everybody had to stay completely silent or it was all of our lives on the line. Father Gabriel was with us also and he looked like he was about to crap himself.

We walked downstairs hand in hand, besides Carl.

Carl was in the middle of us considering he was holding Judith. I held onto his poncho so we wouldn't get lost. I held onto Michonne's hand. There was no way I was going to hold onto Ron after what he did. Ron would've gotten Carl and I killed.

We walked out of the doors.

Onto the final step, I heard Sam calling out for his mother.

"Mom..."

"Mom..!"

One of the walker's looked around. This kid is going to get us killed, I felt my breathing get tighter and tighter.

"Sam be quiet," Jessie whispered. Finally, I thought.

We continued to walk for what seemed like hours until finally, we came to a clearing, no walkers were around. We huddled into a circle and I kept watch.

"Judith can't keep going," Rick said and he looked at Father Gabriel, "Please take her to the church and lock the doors."

Father Gabriel nodded, "Anyone else?"

"Take Sam," Jessie said.

"What no mom!" Sam argued back.

"Sam please." Jessie pleaded, "Go with Father Gabriel, be safe."

"I can do it, Mom, I want to," Sam said. Jessie gave in.

Carl handed Judith to Father Gabriel stealthily. Father Gabriel walked away fairly carefully, cradling her.

We continued on, Rick was first and he held onto Jessie, Jessie held onto Carl, Carl held onto me, I held onto Michonne, Michonne held onto Sam, and Sam held onto Ron.

Carl squeezed my hand for reassurance, I could tell he was scared. I squeezed back.

Nightfall came quicker than I was expecting, we were so close to the gate I could feel it. Nothing bad had happened so far. Sam let go of Michonne.

I turned around. He was whimpering.

"Mo-Mom I-I can't." He cried, "I ca-" He began to scream, a walker took a chunk out of his arm.

"Mommy!" He screamed, blood oozed onto the ground, more walkers began to crowd around him and rip his flesh.

"Sam!" Jessie screamed in horror, she was crying and walkers crowded around her, she screamed in pain.

She was still holding onto Carl and Carl pulled on her arm, "Dad!" he groaned.

Rick reacted fastly and grabbed the ax and swung his fiercely. Jessie's hand fell to the ground and so did Carl, something dropped to the ground.

I helped Carl get up. I was scared. Walkers began looking in our direction.

I heard a gun cock and I quickly turned around.

Ron had the gun that I previously took away from him, pointing the gun at Rick, "You." He said coldly.

"You..." He whispered again, his finger on the trigger. He was about to pull it until a katana went through his chest. The gun went off.