Chapter Thirteen

As the RV pulled back up to sight. My heart sank, what if Rick's dead? Negan walked out of the RV and a few seconds after Rick came limping out, extremely fatigued, God knows what he had to go through out there. More blood was on him, did he get hurt? Then when he got closer to me, I smelled the stench of the dead. It's walker blood. I sighed out in relief. Rick had his ax in his hand. Maybe he would use it on that prick, Negan. Negan then dragged him in the middle of the clearing, "Here we are." I was too tired to yell, too tired to cry, and too tired to care. "Let me ask you something, Rick-- do you even know what that little trip was about?" 

Rick looked around at us, he saw how damaged and dead we were, "Speak when you're spoken to." Rick was breathing heavily, "Okay. Okay." "That trip was about the way that you looked at me. I wanted to change that. I wanted you to understand. But you're still looking at me the same damn way..." Negan smiled, manically, "...like I shit in your scrambled eggs, and that's not gonna work. So.." Negan sighed out, "Do I give you another chance?" He crouched beside Rick. Rick's breathing was over the place, it was like he ran a marathon only to have Death, the man himself, waiting for him. Which indeed was true. "Y-Yeah." Rick stumbled his words, he was scared shitless. "Yes." Negan patted him on the back, standing up, "Okay." Negan chuckled, "All right. And here it is, the grand-prize game. What you do next will decide whether your crap day becomes everyone's last crap day." My eyes lit up and I found this energy deep down in my body like I drank five energy drinks in the past hour. "Or just another crap day. Get some guns to the back of their heads." The cold pistol was up against my head. My eyes grew wider, This was it. I thought, one wrong move and we're all dead. I heard the guns around us get cocked.

"Good. Now, level with their noses, so if you have to fire.." Negan imitates an explosion, "It'll be a real mess." He looked at me and then Carl, "Kids," He pointed his finger at us and beckoning for us to come to him. My lips parted as I looked at Maggie, she nodded. "Right here. Kids, now." Carl got up slowly and I followed him, he looked disgusted. We walked toward Negan slowly. Negan took his belt off, "You a southpaw?" He asked Carl. It clicked in my mind what he was going to do, "Am I a what?" Carl spat. "You a lefty?" Carl rolled his eye, "No." "Good-" I cut in, "Wait," I held my arm out, "Do it to me." Negan chuckled, Carl looked at me, "Wh-" "Shut up, Carl." I said I looked back at Negan, "I said do it to me, cut my arm off." Negan laughed, "Well, Well, Well, Ladies and Gentlemen we have a volunteer! Once in a lifetime! Woo!" He clapped, "You got guts kid." He fastened the belt on my upper arm, "Get down on your stomach," I obliged, of course, I laid flat down on the cold earth, looking at Rick. "Hold her arm down, Kid." "Wh-" "Like she said Carl, shut up." Negan chuckled. Carl didn't listen, "If you don't hold her arm down, I am going to kill her." Carl looked down at me, I nodded, "It's okay." Carl held my arm down, "Simon, you got a pen?" "Yeah." Simon dug through the front pocket of his pants, he lightly tossed it at Negan, Negan caught it. Negan crouched down, "Sorry Kid. This is gonna be as cold as a warlock's ballsack, just like he was hanging his ballsack above you and dragging it right across the forearm." He pulled my sleeve up, many scars from before were still visible, He stopped and examined, "Sad. Very sad." He continued to draw a line with the pen right under the belt. "Please. Please. Please don't." Rick started to plead. "Me? You're the one doing it, Rick. Rick, I want you to take your ax and cut your son's little girl toy's arm off, right on that line. Now, I know-- I know. You're gonna have to process that for a second. That makes sense. Still, though, I'm gonna need you to do it, or all these people are going to die. Then she dies, Then Carl dies, then the people back home die, and then you, eventually. I'm gonna keep you breathing for a few years, just so you can stew on it."

Michonne eventually spoke up, "You, You don't have to do this. We understand. We understand." "You understand. Yeah. I'm not sure that Rick does. I'm gonna need a clean cut right there on that line." Rick looked at me, the tears forming in his eye. Carl silently cried above me. I gripped his hand with my right hand and squeezed it. You see I wasn't afraid anymore. I wasn't afraid of the walkers, I wasn't afraid of people, and I wasn't afraid of dying. "Now, I know this is a screwed-up thing to ask, but it's gonna have to be like a salami slice, nothing messy, clean, 45 degrees, give us something to fold over. We got a great doctor. The kid'll be fine. Probably." He smirked. "Rick, this needs to happen now, chop chop, or I will crush her little skull myself." "It can-It can-It can be me, It can be me." Rick choked out. "W-w," Rick sniffled, "Y-You can do it to me. I c-can go with-with you."  "No. This is the only way. Rick, pick up the ax. Not making a decision is a big decision." I looked at Rick, "It's fine, I'll be fine, Do it, It's better than one person dying now than a whole group of them," "Listen to the girl, Rick." Rick yelled, sobbing while picking up the ax. He yelled as Negan kept telling him to do it now or else. Carl kept whispering incoherent words.

Rick picked the ax up over his head and, "Rick," Negan began, Rick stopped, putting the ax down, "You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me. Right?" Rick nodded his head, "Y-Yes." "Right." Negan pointed at Rick, "That is the look I wanted to see." Negan took the ax away from Rick. "We did it, all of us, together, even the dead guys on the ground. Hell, they get the spirit award, for sure. Today was a productive damn day! Now, I hope, for all your sake, that you get it now. That you understand how things work. Things have changed. Whatever you had going for you, that is over now. Dwight, load him up," He pointed at Daryl, Daryl was forcefully ripped off the ground and thrown into the back of a van, "He's got guts, not a little bitch like someone I know." He said referring to Rick. "I like him. He's mine now. But you still want to try something? "Not today not tomorrow." I will cut pieces off of, Hell's his name?" "Daryl," Simon answered. "I will cut pieces off of Daryl. Load up, boys!" Negan and his men left, finally. Leaving us with the RV, thank God.

Carl helped me up and immediately embraced me, Rick joining. I pulled away from them and walked towards Maggie, she was hovering over Glenn. I dropped down next to her. She tried to pick him up, "Let me help you." I said, we tried to pick Glenn up but it was impossible, we were drained from all of our energy. Rick and Carl helped us carry Glenn into the RV.

It wasn't my last day on Earth, but it sure as hell felt like it.

*******

here you go my bbies.

xxrosa