Chapter Eight

Maggie and I have gotten closer over the past few weeks, I looked up to her and Glenn as my mother and father figures. Carl and I have kinda been ignoring each other. It got to the point to were I made the mature decision to move in with Glenn and Maggie.

Currently, I was in the garden with Maggie, planting fruits and vegetables. She was also pregnant so I made sure she wasn't doing any of the harder work, like picking heavy objects up or bending over.

"So," Maggie started, "You and Carl?" She sounded excited. "What about him?" I asked. "I don't know, you two seem awful close." She smiled. I shrugged, my face turning red, "Just friends." Maggie looked at me, putting her shovel down, "Just friends, hm?" She asked. I nodded.

"Honey, I thought Glenn was a total dork when I first met him. I also questioned how the hell he had even survived that long. He was nothing but a pizza delivery boy." She giggled, I chuckled along with her. "But we went on some type of supply run and he picked up these condoms-" "Okayyy, story time is over." I said, grabbing the rag. "Hold on." Maggie said, "I'm not gonna tell you that part."

I sighed, "Continue on."

"I found myself finding him very attractive and then boom. Now I can't see myself ever living without him." She said smiling fondly at the memory. "Love comes at strange times. Accept it." I found myself saying this back to her. "Even after you catch them having sex?"

"What?" She looked at me exclaiming. "Who?"
"I didn't mea-" "You said it either way, now who?"

My mouth got dry. I wiped the rag across my forehead and looked at Maggie awkwardly, "Enid." "Enid?" She questioned, I hummed. Her face contorted, "Ew." "No kidding."

"I don't have advice for that type of situation."

"Don't gotta Maggie, It was never love to begin with and that's just the cold hard facts. So going back to my statement before, yes just friends."

*******

Oof

------

DON'T BE A SILENT READER!

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE BOOKS :)

Yours Truly

rosa