Chapter Ten

Eugene rapidly tapped at the map, looking for some other way to Hilltop. After five minutes of looking at the map, "Logrun Road's a straight shot." Sasha looked at him, "We want visibility." Eugene sighed, looking at the map once more, "There, you got it on Shelton. Golf course, country clubs, sloping terrain. No bum rush from the bogeyman. We'd see them from a good piece. It is a longer trip by a third, but we'd get the scenic safety of clear-cut dingles and glens." Sasha gave him a long look, "You're being serious, right?" He nodded, "As coronary thrombosis." Rick walked up to him, "You got a route?" "Yeah." Sasha sighed out. A walker began thudding on the door, I got up, "I got it." I went to the RV door, my hunting knife in hand.

"Woah, woah, woah," Abraham started, Carl tugged on my shirt sleeve, "Who knows how many of those shit-dicks are out there." Rick nodded at Abraham,"Let's go." Abraham loved the sound of that, he quickly went to the driver side of the RV and turned the engine on, at first it sputtered but after a few seconds it turned on fully. We were on the road again.

I sat contently next to Maggie, watching over her while Aaron took a little break. Her breathing still shallow, her color only growing paler. I was growing anxious. Especially after what that man said. 'What if it's the last day on Earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true?'. I looked at Maggie and then at Carl who was sitting right at that kitchen table. What if it was my last day on Earth or Carl's or Maggie's. I just wanted to be with my loved ones and I am. Maggie turned in her sleep a little and it ripped me away from my thoughts."Bitch nuts," Abraham said. The RV stopping once again. I quickly got up, my pistol in my hand and I looked out the windshield.

Once again, another barricade with more men, different men this time. "We making our stand?" Sasha asked Rick. Carl clutched my sleeve, his face was emotionless, it was like he just shut it off. "Yeah, we end it." Emotionless. Rick shook his head, "No, not now. They've been waiting. They're ready. With one of us behind the wheel, that's five on sixteen. We're gonna play it our way, how we want it. Right?" Rick looked at Carl, Carl did not make direct eye contact, he was still looking out the window, "Right." He whispered, looking at his dad. "All right go slow," Rick instructed Abraham, we began to back away slowly, Aaron going back with Maggie. A man shot his gun in the air, the sound scaring me, I flinched. I gripped my gun, waiting. He shot the gun once again in the air, I pointed my gun out the window, waiting. The gunshots echoing. Again he shot in the air. My finger gripping the trigger. And then they were out of sight. I put my gun back down to my side, switching the safety on.

We found another route, but at this point, I was ready to give up. They were literally everywhere, which overwhelmed me. "How are we on gas?" Rick asked Abraham. "Half a tank." He bluntly said, "I pulled some more cans before we left." Sasha biting her thumb, "Those weren't the same men who blocked the road the first time." Stating the obvious. "Same outfit, different soldiers. They got numbers." Rick nodded, "Yeah, we keep driving, we get her there." Sasha nodded, determined, "And we will." "If we have to shove each and every one of them up their own asses." The brakes squealing once again. Carl whipped his head around. Everyone breathing heavily. I stood up slowly and looked out the window, once again. "We can't go through it. Can't risk the RV. You stay behind the wheel just in case." A chain of walkers. "We'll clear it." I took my gun off safety. Rick, Carl, Sasha, and I got out of the RV. We looked at the walkers. The walkers snarled and the chains rattled. The smell was awful.

When we got out of the RV, we immediately put out guns in front of us, pointing it in every direction. "Putting together a red rover like that takes people," Sasha stated. I nodded. Rick looking closely at the walkers. "A lot of them." The rusty chains ripping off the rotten flesh. It was morbid and disgusting. "Come on, let's do this." Carl looked at one of the walkers, "Dad, that's Michonne's. A dread was hanging off of a walker. I could feel that Rick's heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach. I looked at the next walker, "That's Daryl's." Sasha pointed out, there were two of Daryl's arrows hanging out of a walker and his jean jacket, I was infuriated. Rick ripped the dread out of the walker, the walker snapped and growled at him. He was about to cut the chains until we were being shot at. The gunfire went at our feet. I was shooting aimlessly, Carl grabbed my arm and dragged me back to the RV. I was scared out of my mind. "Get back to the RV! Go!" Rich shouted. Rick's ax got shot out of his hand he quickly scrambled to get it and succeeded, cutting the chain quickly as we shot the walkers down. We got into the RV and drove off. I was breathing heavily. Carl grabbed my hand and guided me to the couch, "Are you okay?" I nodded, he continued looking around my body making sure I didn't get shot. "Carl I said I'm fine." I sighed out. His eyes were wide and he quickly embraced me, it wasn't the kind of hug you would hug someone if you were worried, it felt like more than that. He let go of me when we heard a sound.

Rattling could be heard from the RV, "What's that sound?" Sasha asked. "Undercarriage could've caught a bullet. Or could be the transmission. It could be nothing." Rick was leaning against the cabinet, "They were firing at our feet. They blocked the road, but they weren't trying to stop us."

"So they're maniacs, wonderful."

Rick continued, "They want us in this direction." Sasha nodded, looking at the map, "Barton Road takes us north, but they gotta know we wanna go north." "Meadows. Could take us east a piece, but we can get back on track on Mayhew." "We're down to a third of a tank. We could top off at the next stop, but no refills after that." Sasha was shaking her head. "All right." Aaron came to the front of the RV, "She's burning up." My heart dropped. Maybe it was Maggie's last day on Earth.....

****

SORRY FOR LEAVING THE SUSPENSE BUT YOU KNOOOOOWWWW

gotta get that drama

update tomorrow night

xx rosa