Chapter Forty

THREE MONTHS LATER

Tessa looked in the mirror as she slipped on the heavy coat, it was fall at the moment. The leaves changed colors, falling at the same time. It was mid-October, it had to be. Tessa had a bump, she was at least four months pregnant. She felt her hands graze across her stomach. The necklace with the promise ring, hang around her neck. She smiled, putting the hat over her head.

She walked out of the building, walking over to the infirmary. She swung the door opened, ecstatic. Today is the day she finds out the gender of hers and Carl's baby.

"Tessa." "Siddiq." Tessa nodded. "Give me a few minutes, Maggie needs these reports done and-"

She cut him off, "It's okay, I'll be in the back when you're ready." She went to the back of the trailer, laying on the cot. The infirmary door opened, Rick, Michonne, and Daryl appeared next to her. "Has it started yet?" Rick asked. I shook my head. Rick sighed out in relief.

Michonne gripped his hand, I envied their relationship, I also was jealous of them. They still had each other.

Siddiq appeared, pulling the sonogram machine, hooking it up. Tessa lifted up her grey shirt. Siddiq typed in the computer, T E S S A.

"This is gonna be very cold." He said referring to the gel, he squirted the cold liquid on her stomach bump, she shuddered. Rick looked at the screen, holding Tessa's hand.

Siddiq pressed the scanner on her stomach, a heart beat could be heard. Tessa's eyes teared up. "Very healthy heart beat." Siddiq smiled. Rick nodded, wiping a tear.

Siddiq moves the scanner around her stomach. "That the feet, nose, hands- Oh." Siddiq squinted his eyes, "You wanna know the gender?" He asked smiling.

Tessa nodded, "Please." Her voice cracked.

"That's her feet." Siddiq said. Tessa's mouth trembled, "It's a girl?" Siddiq nodded. Her smile trembled, "Abigail Rose." She sniffled. "Abigail Rose Grimes."

Rick sniffled. "A girl." He smiled. Tessa looked at Rick, "Thank you." She said.

"For what?"

"Giving me your son."

"Well in that case, thank you."

"For what?"

"Giving me my grand-daughter."