Chapter Eleven

More men. Way more men than last time. They were standing in three rows. I looked out the window, petrified. Who knows what could possibly happen now. Maybe this was the end for us. "Go back," Rick mumbled, squinting his eyes coldly at the man. "Where?" Abraham muttered. I looked at Carl and he gripped my hand, squeezing it for reassurance. I squeezed back. We backed away, slowly, once again. Rick went to the back when we were out of view from the men. He and Maggie talked for a while. I let them be. "We're gonna get you there." "I know." "You're gonna be okay. The baby's gonna be okay. This isn't it. This isn't it." "I know, I believe in you, Rick."

I looked down at my hand and his and then back at Carl. "Come here," I muttered. I took him into the tiny bathroom. "What's wrong?" He asked me. "I just wanted to make sure that if something-" "Nothing is gonna-" "That's why I said if. " I continued on, "Make sure Maggie is safe and her baby and-" He kissed me softly, nothing intense just a quick little peck. I get that he has a girlfriend, I get that, but why would he kiss me if he loved her? Why would he do that. "And nothing's going to happen to you, not when while I'm alive." I nodded, We left the little bathroom, all eyes on us.

"What?" "Nothin." Abraham snickered. I narrowed my eyes and sat back down on the couch of the RV, looking out the window.

Later that night we decided to make a huge decision and go on foot. Eugene deciding to stay in the RV and confuse them, just in case. He drove off. We made this little bed for Maggie so she would have comfort while we travel. I looked at Carl. We didn't have the time to hug or kiss each other for maybe the last time. We carried Maggie for miles, until. A whistle. That multiplied by the minute. I looked around scared, we ran in different directions but the whistling came from every direction. Lights turned on. I grabbed my pistol out of my back pocket and pointed it. "Now, now." A voice began, my eyes adjusted, there was at least a hundred of them, I gulped, my breath shaky, They already had Eugene. "Good," He chuckled, "You made it." It was the man from earlier, my heart dropped, "Welcome to where you're going. We'll take your weapons, " He pointed the gun and Carl and I almost lost it right then and there, "Now." "We can talk about-" "We're done talking. Time to listen." The people walked up to us, taking our weapons away. When the man took Carl's gun away he looked at him, "That's yours, right?" He looked at him. "Yeah, it's yours." The man flicked Carl's hat, in an instant, I could feel myself about to spring into a full panic mode. "Okay. Let's get her down and get you all on your knees. Lots to cover." "We got it." Abraham spat at the men trying to get her down. Rick helped her down to her knees. I kneeled beside Maggie, forcefully. They threw Eugene in the line. I held Maggie's hand. Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, and Rosita were thrown into the mix. "Maggie?" He looked at her. Maggie gripped my hand, squeezing it as she cried. "All right! We got a full boat!" He pounded on the RV door.

The RV door swung open, an older man with a leather jacket and a baseball bat wrapped with barbwire walked out, "Pissing our pants yet?" He walked closer to us, a smile wrapped around his face, "Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close." He walked around, "Yep, it's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon. Which one of you pricks is the leader?" The man pointed at Rick, "It's this one. He's the guy." The other man from the RV sighed, "Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people." Negan pointed at Rick, "Not cool. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit it. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah." Rick looked like he was going to kill 'Negan' right then and there. "You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes." Negan smiled, "Yes, you are. You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here goes. Pay attention." He pointed the bat at Rick. A single tear left my eye. This was it. "Give me your shit or I will kill you. Today was career day. We invested a lot so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now." He once again pointed the bat at Rick, "You have shit, you give it to me. That's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will. Since you killed not just one but many of my people, I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you" He stopped talking to Rick, walking over to Carl, "You got one of our guns, "Carl narrowed his eyes at the man, a soft whimper left my mouth, tear after tear. "You got a lot of our guns." "Shit, kid, lighten up. At least cry a little." He walked right away from Carl and stopped in front of Maggie, "Jesus," My nose twitched and I glared at Negan, "You look shitty," I was ready to jump in front of her and take the blow myself, "I should just put you out of your misery right now." He swung the bat over his head, I jumped in front of Maggie, covering her, "No! Do not touch her!" I yelled. Glenn was pushed back into the line already. "Get back in line!" Negan roared, one of his men pushing me down to the ground, Carl watched, not saying a word, pain in his eyes. "All right, listen. Don't any of you do that again. I will shut that shit down no exceptions." I glared. "First ones free, it's an emotional moment, I get it. Sucks don't it? Not knowing what the hell is going on." He looked at Rick, chuckling. "You're kid, right? This is definitely your kid."

"So stop this!" Rick yelled. "Hey! Do not make me kill the little future serial killer. Don't make it easy on me." He was intense.

"I got it, we'll play a little game," A game? Our lives look like a fucking game to you? "Eenie," He pointed his bat,

"Meenie,

Miney,

Mo,

Catch a,

Tiger,

By his,

Toe,

If,

He hollers,

Let him go,

My mother,

Told me,

To pick,

The very,

Best,

One,

And you,

Are,

It." He chuckled swinging his bat up, "Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father..

You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that." He swung the bat. I let out a muffled cry and Maggie held my hand tighter.

*******

Oh boyyyyyy I wonder who this is

You all will know tomorrow :)

XXrosa