Chapter Fourteen

As I stood at Glenn's grave, part of me wanted to cry and scream, another part of me wanted to just fall. I could never understand why Negan chose Glenn out of anybody that he could've chosen. Maggie was in with the Doctor, seeing what was wrong with her and the baby. Carl was helping bury Abraham, and I? I was trying my best not to cry and cause an unwanted scene. I was heartbroken, from all this loss, I didn't know how much more I could possibly take if I could take any more pain. Maggie limped over to where I was standing, I could feel her heart dropping as she looked at the grave. I held my composure, the best that I possibly could. Tears slipped.

She dropped to her knees and the tears spilled from her eyes, she reached into her pocket, pulling out Glenn's gold pocket watch. I watched her. She wrapped the gold chain around the cross. A quiet sob escaped her chapped lips.

"M-Maggie," I whispered kneeling next to her. She wrapped her shaky arms around my neck and placed her head on my shoulder. My sleeve became damp but I didn't mind. "It's going to be okay," I was basically lying straight through my teeth. She nodded, sniffling, "Sorry for getting snot all over your shoulder." I chuckled, "Your snot is the least of my worries, Maggie." She just nodded.

Rick walked over to us, "We think it would be better if Maggie stayed here, for her safety." She nodded once again,"And for the baby"

The rest of us left. We went back to Alexandria. I hadn't found the time to talk to Carl. I rushed away, going to the gazebo. My knees gave in and I fell. I was crying and shaking. This is the time I finally got to mourn. I mourned over Glenn. I mourned over my brother. Lastly, I mourned over my sanity.

I felt arms wrap around me and shushing me and telling me everything was fine and that he was there and always going to be there. Carl.

The crazy thing was,

Everything was not okay in the end.

*********

MUCH

UPDATES

STARTING

NOW