Chapter Nine

After the course of six months, Rick and the other's have invaded some outpost owned by some group called the 'Saviours'. During this time we lost Denise, I felt upset but not enough to cry. She and Tara were together. Tara is still out on a run. We've started to trade with Hilltop and Alexandria was at its peak of being okay, but being okay does not last long. I was at Maggie and Glenn's helping Maggie cook for our family. It felt weird saying that, very weird, but of course it was a good weird. She also wanted me to cut her hair. Oh and Carl and Enid are one hundred percent together now.

Maggie dragged me away from my thoughts, "I'm really cravin' pickles, could you?" She sat down, "Of course," I went over to the fridge and grabbed the jar of pickles walking back over to her, she looked pale and was breathing shallowly, "Maggie are you okay?" I set the jar of pickles down, she looked at me nodding her head, "Just pregnancy stu-" She tried to get up but fell down yelling in pain. I acted quickly going outside yelling for help. Rick booked it from across the street going inside the house. A few minutes later he had me pull the RV up. I helped him carry Maggie inside and place her in the little bedroom. Glenn was gone with a few others. It pained me to know he was out there and not here with his wife. A woman named Sue agreed to babysit Judy while we were gone.I felt relieved, one last thing I had to worry about. I love Judy to death, but God knows what could possibly happen out there. A few other agreed to tag along with us. Carl and I grabbed weapons, water, and food. Who knows what could happen.

Finally, everything was packed and ready. I sat with Rick and Abraham, looking at the map, "We have to be prepared to fight." Rick pointed at the map, "We could try going the main way, but who knows."

I shook my head, "Going the main way, would be way too risky, let's try going-"

"The main way is faster, we need to get there faster," Abraham said, "We'll protect her,kid." Sasha was driving, we were about a third of the way there until Sasha stopped the RV. Carl looked out the windshield, my eyes following his, we were being blocked by a group of men. My breath hitched. "What the bitch?" Abraham was shocked. There was a man lying in the middle of the road in front of these men.

"What?" Rick came back to the front of the RV and looked out the window. "Enemy close." Abraham looked at Sasha, the breaks squealing. "We doing this?"

"No." Rick grabbed his gun, Carl and I followed after him, grabbing our guns. We all stepped out of the RV, besides Aaron and Maggie. Rick held his hands up and walked towards them. The man scoffed, "He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen."

"We can make a deal, right here, right now." Rick still had his hands up.

"That's right we can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you." I tried my best to stay cool, not freak out or have a panic attack. "That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen."

"Yeah...." Rick started putting his hands down, half smiling at the men, "That deal's not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all of your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you." Rick looked at the men and scoffed, "Any more of you."

One of the men started rattling a spray can, they sprayed it all over the man's torso, that was lying down. Rick looked back at us with a confused look on his face. "Sorry, my deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate." The man stated. Rick nodded his head slightly. He put two fingers up, which told us to go back into the RV. We obliged, I didn't want to be out there for another second. "Me and my people are leaving."

The man nodded his head, "Okay, friend. Plenty of ways to get to where you're going."

We piled into the RV. I sat back at the table, only this time, Carl sat next to me. "It'll be fine, my dad will handle this." It's like he read my mind. I nodded, "I know."

We heard Rick, "You wanna make today your last day on Earth?"

"No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last day on Earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true? Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, cause you never know," He snapped his fingers, "Just like that. Be kind to each other." I looked at Carl and he looked at me, the man continued, "Like you said like it was your last day on Earth."

Rick nodded, "You do the same." Rick got into the RV. Abraham slowly backed away from the men and made a u-turn. Abraham stopped after a while and we all looked at the map. Carl was playing with the blinds, looking at the walker that was stumbling toward the RV. "Why didn't you stay back and help guard the place?" He looked at Aaron, "I owe her. Why did you come?" He looked down, "I owe them."

******************
ANother chapter will be posted tonight or tomorrow.

xx rosa