Relax : The Android's Day-Off?

♣ Next Saturday ♣ Ai's room ♣

Third POV

"Hey, I'm gonna go get some drinks" Syo stood up from his bed and went outside.

"Oh, I'm coming too, Syo-chan" Natsuki followed.

Lacie sat on her chair, doing nothing in particular. It was really quiet and the only thing she heard is Ai's nonstop  keyboard clicking. Seriously, all he does is work, work, work, and work.

"Ne, senpai.." Lacie twirled her pencil around.

"What?" Ai said, still clicking the keyboard.

"Do you ever rest? You have been clicking that thing for a few hours now..."

Ai turned, now facing the brunette who was still twirling her pensil instead of looking back. "Where's the assignment I gave you?"

Lacie had to think for a while before facepalming herself. 'Gah.. How could I forgot to save it in my data...'. She turned around, facing her senpai. "Look, I became your kouhai only for a week and I'm already worried about your lifestyle. All you're doing is work, work, and work" She said as she tried to change the topic.

Ai stared at her for a while. "Define 'worried' for me".

'I knew he was going to say that...' Lacie sat in a more comfortable position. "Being worried is when you care about someone and you're afraid they're gonna run into trouble. In your case, I'm worried you might get erro- I mean, sickness." Ai listened carefully as he stared at the girl.

"So you care about me?" He said in monotone, not aware what the sentence means in human logic. Lacie blushed again, which irritates her because she still doesn't get what the cause is.

"N-No- I mean, yes, a-as your kouhai.." Lacie diverted her attention to somewhere else.

Ai's POV

Worried... I know its meaning but I still can't feel what it's like. It's been like this for sometime now.. No, that's not right. It's been like this since this girl came. Since Rikaze Lacie became my kouhai, which I define as experiment subjects. But after spending a week with her, including the rides at the amusement park, I 'think' that she isn't just some experiment subjects.. She's more than that. And this includes Syo and Natsuki too. At first I accepted Shining's request because I was lacking experiment subjects, but the longer I am with them, the weirder 'experiment subjects' means.

"So you care about me?" I asked, and surprisingly, her cheeks started to turn red as she stuttered, "N-No- I mean, yes, a-as your kouhai.."

She worries... She cares... She blushes.. I wonder what these 'feelings' are like? Is this what they call 'curiosity'? Did I really overwork? So what she's trying to imply is... I should stop working?

"So.. What do you suggest when someone overworks?" I asked, just to make sure I was right. Then her face brightened up a little.

"Relaxation! You need a day-off!" Day-off? That's not what I can imagine when you're working with in the Shining Agency.. "Oh, and if you're worried about Shining-san, that's already been taken care of! So it's decided! You will take a day-off today~!" She skipped across the room and just in time to slam the door open straight to someone's face.

Syo's POV

"Natsuki, hold this" I gave Natsuki the cup of coffee before taking another one from the machine.

We went back to our room and when we reached the door, we heard someone said something unclear. Then the door slammed open right into my face.

"Gah! That hurts!" I yelled, rubbing my nose with my free hand. I opened my eyes to see a panicked Lacie.