Duet Song

♣ The next morning ♣ 07 : 18 ♣

Aine's POV

When I woke up, Lacie wasn't there anymore. Instead, I found a note on the table. I picked the memo up and started to read :

"Sorry, Aine. I woke up earlier and saw that you were still sleeping so peacefully I didn't dare to wake you up. Things have been very hard on you these days after all"

I chuckled. Even her kindness is of that Alice's. I began to continue reading the note.

"I have some bussiness to attend to. Due to some incidents while ago, I need to go see the President"

President? What incident?

"And by your uncle's orders, you are told to stay put in the house because of your current condition"

Well if it's Uncle's orders...

"Maybe we'll be home late at night. And by 'we' I meant Ai-senpai, Rei-senpai, and Professor. So no one will be home till then. I'm sorry for this but I'll try to make it home in the evening."

...not. If Ai's going, so am I.

♣ Master Course ♣

Third POV

Much to their displeasure, Saotome didn't say anything after they had met him but continued his glare at them. But it definitely didn't last forever.

"You disappointed me, Miss Lacie"

Lacie couldn't say anything. Those words struck like arrows, even though she had expected this. And Reiji had his worried face on.

"Th-That wasn't Lacie's fault, President! You know what situation she's in right?? Something made her system malfunction and-" Reiji tried to defend Lacie.

"No!" Saotome cut him off with his English, "I am not talking about the debut"

"Huh?" Reiji managed to say.

"That debut incident was a no-problem desu. I'm talking about something else" He said as he glanced at Ai. "And I'm going to give you another chance to fix that. If you succeed, I will give you something I should have given a long time ago to my idols"

"If I fail..?"

"You will no longer be an idol in Shining Agency"

Reiji, Lacie and even Ai had their eyes wide open, wondering what might be so important to the extend of expelling one of his aces.

"What must I do to succeed, sir?" Lacie asked, curious of what it might be.

"You shall partner up with your senpai and debut once again in one month length of time"

♣ Outside ♣

They closed the door as Reiji sighed and looked at Lacie. She wasn't giving off any emotions at all. But truth is, she is having trouble understanding Saotome's words just now. First, he wasn't bothered by the fact that the debut didn't succeed. And secondly, he suddenly told her she had to do a duet with her senpai for a debut re-do.

"Duet... huh.." Ai muttered.

'If they were normal humans, one month length of time would be almost impossible. But I guess President really did consider the fact that they're Androids. Though from what Toki told me that time, La-La and Ai-Ai still haven't confessed to each other...'

"-enpai!"

"Rei-senpai!" Reiji was snapped from his thoughts by Lacie's calls.

"Geez, what's gotten into you? I've been calling you for centuries!" Lacie pouted.

"Ah gomen gomen.. What were you saying?"

"I was saying I heard some people talking in the meeting room"

"The meeting room..?" Reiji glanced at the double door across the corridor.

"You're right.. I wonder who they are.. Let's go check!" Reiji started to skip to the door before any of them could stop him. Sighing, they decided to follow him just to find all members of STARISH plus Nanami sitting around the round table.

"Oh, senpai!" Otoya called as he got up of his chair and confronted him. "What are you doing here? I thought today is the weekend!"

"Huh? No it's not. Today is Friday" Lacie stated. Otoya turned to his groupmates and saw most of them trying so hard to refrain from laughing. Though Nanami only gave an apologetic smile.

"Y-You're so innocent.." Ren said, still trying his best to not burst out laughing.

"EH?! Seriously?!!" Otoya exclaimed, and had just realized he has been tricked by them.

All of them including the tricked one laughed a few minutes before calming down.

"We better get going now-" The Professor was cut off by the opening door behind him.

A cyan haired man appeared and awkward silence took over. Aine gulped, intimidated by the stares they gave him.

"Aine??" The Professor questioned while STARISH kept quiet. They still doubt this guy is Ai's twin (that is what they've been told) because anyone like Ai would hardly get a twin but they just went along with it.

"I thought you were already told to stay in the house" The Professor said rather angrily. Aine just pouted and looked the other way, and made eye contact with Lacie who sighed and confronted him.

"Did you miss the note I gave?" She asked. Aine slowly shook his head. "Then why?"

"Datte..." Aine glanced at Ai who returned it with a glare. Not wanting to cause anymore trouble, Aine sighed and bowed. "I'm sorry"

Lacie had a questioning look but she quickly gave an "It's okay".

Noticing the deadly glares Ai gave Aine, Reiji quickly changes the topic by inviting him to eat some marine jellies in which he instantly agrees. And due to their finished work, STARISH and Nanami decided to tag along as well. With that, they went to the nearby restaurant to have their lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

I'm sooooooo sorry it took so long! Really sorry! And I think I only made little progress here.. Ugh School has been bugging me for the whole week and I guess I didn't have the time to write... But I think it's all done now..? Well for now. Next chapter might be a little late. But keep in mind that I'm still  trying my best ^^)/