Kisaragi Aine

Third POV

It was almost a week after Lacie's sleep.  Starish visited everyday on their break time and often asks why here and not the hospital, but explaining things to them would only complicate the situation more. So they answered the group that Lacie's disease is special and they didn't trust the doctor. As ridiculous as it may seem, they trusted the Professor, believing he is an expert with these things (Except Toki, Ren, and Masa who still suspect things)

But Quartet Night ; Ranmaru and Camus, aren't that dense. They immediately asked for an explanation in private. Reiji approved and told the two of them everything. Ai didn't mind either. All he cares about now is whether Lacie will open her eyes again or not. Well that is what everyone was worried about. But Ai took this a little too intense. Along the week, every single day, he never sleeps at night and kept Lacie safe, which earned him scoldings from the Professor for almost ruining his own system.

"Don't take this too much, Ai-Ai. You're hurting yourself" Reiji said worriedly.

"If I don't, no one will take care of Lacie. And if she wakes up in the dark, she would cry again" Ai said in monotone.

"But wouldn't it be worse if she wakes up and sees you sick? I'm sure she would be happier if you are healthy when she did and be there for her" Reiji smiled at Ai.

"... Alright"

With that, Ai rests some more the following days. But for a whole month, Lacie never wakes up. She wasn't in a coma, but Professor said she's still drowning in her own memories, which took longer than expected. He concluded that so far, her life isn't in danger but who knows what might happen next.

Starish often cancelled their schedule just to visit Lacie, Quartet Night decided to postpone their work for a while because Ai refused to leave her. And so did Reiji. The other two don't have any choice but to stay with them as well.

Because of these two group's actions, Saotome can't help but feel annoyed and guilty at the same time after what he had heard from the Professor. But what he did was something he believe would help them in the future. And he still do. A certain couple taught him that. And the male just had to do suicide before he could lift the 'No Love Rule' up. So he cancelled the plan until now.

But then these two showed up. Two Androids that fell in love. A miracle. He wanted to test how deep was their love.

But he was disappointed from the results.

Just because of one rule, they gave up hope and in the end, broke.

He hoped, they would rise again and recreate the miracle his late idols has made.

~

But today, is different. Something will happen real soon. Something that will complicate things more..

In the Professor's research room, he looked at Aine's unconcious body. He exhaled the smoke from his ciggarrate and fixed his glasses, before Aine made a movement. That surprised the Professor as he hurried to Aine's side. And to his expectation, the idol's eyelids started to open slowly..

♣ Lacie's room ♣

Today was coincidentally Ai and Reiji's turn to take care of Lacie. The rest had went home earlier.

"It's.. been a month already.." Reiji sighed. It's not because he had grown tired of taking care of Lacie, no. He was just afraid that something is really happening to her since she had been asleep for so long already.

"She'll.. be fine..." Ai muttered. Much more like reassuring himself.

Then it sounded like something broke and the Professor's voice- yells were heard outside. More sounds like that happened after and the door opened suddenly.

A teen appeared and surprised the two. He was breathing heavily, staring at the two.

'A-Aine...!!' Reiji wanted to comfront him, hug him, tell him how much he had missed him and how he's so sorry for what had happened, but his mouth just won't say the words he wanted to. He's shocked. After all these times..

"Aine!" The Professor showed up behind him. "You're still not well! I need to check you up!" And he looked like he was panicking and losing his composure.

But the boy just ignored what his uncle had just said and observed the room with heavy breathing. Either from all the running or the fact that he's still unstable.

"Reiji.." Aine muttered, but his eyes were empty. It's blank. Until he saw the figure on the bed sleeping peacefully. That was when his tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Alice...!!" He was starting to run towards the bed but Ai stopped him. He glared at his reflection, using the coldest tone he could produce.

"Don't go near her" Aine was confused. Ai looked exactly like him and he's afraid this is just another dream. He had enough of dreams. All these times, suffering and locked up in his own mind, when someone he cares needed him.

Aine took another step forward.

"I said don't go near her!" Ai yelled. If it was his kouhais, they would be scared right now and had obeyed, but for some reason, Aine isn't affected by his glare and high voice. It was like Aine had been used to it all along.

Of course.

It was his own voice after all.

"Please. I need to see Alice" Aine said, tears still in his eyes.

"Alice is gone" Ai said strictly, still glaring. Aine widened his eyes in shock.

"This is not Alice. She's Lacie. No one else"

Aine couldn't accept that. He's lying. Alice is lying there. Right in front of him sleeping so peacefully.

"You're lying... You're lying! You're lying!!" Aine kept repeating the same thing over and over again, starting to become uncontrolable.

Reiji and the Professor held him down from running to Lacie's body while the boy looked at Ai with eyes full of tears.

"Alice is dead"

Aine started yelling louder and louder again, not caring about the cracks from his voice anymore.

"YOU'RE LYING!!"

Was Aine's last words that night before he was injected with sedative by the Professor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

Chappies' titles are giving me headaches.. -_-"