Repeated Night

Lacie's POV

I felt my cheeks burn up after what he said to me. What did he mean by defending another man? And moreover, why did he say that? I thought he didn't care.

"What did he say, La-La?" Rei-senpai asked, his face full of curiosity.

"Nothing.." I answered simply and continued helping them clean the room.

♣ That Night ♣

I walked across the place, heading towards my room. We're staying here tonight and will move back to Master Course tomorrow to settle things with the President. About Aine of course. My data shows that President knew already, but hasn't made a move yet. I'm a little worried though.. I mean, I failed as an idol because I cancelled my long-awaited debut just like that, and went on a pause for months without confirming it with him.

Then, I heard someone talking when I passed Professor's room. I placed my ear on the door and started to listen.

"I'm still not sure about this..."

That was Professor's voice. Not sure? About what?

"It's a risk"

Huh?

"Trying to revive Alice again will surely be a risk.." I heard Professor clicked his tongue. Footsteps were heard so I quickly hid behind the nearby corner. Fortunately, he went the other way.

I made sure he had gone and walked towards the door again. It's unlocked. I went inside and as usual, it's a total mess. But what caught my attention the most, was the computer. It has several complicated blueprints that even my data is having trouble understanding. It shows some information about... "android", "Alice", and.. "Lacie"..? Then I looked at the title.

"'Alice and Lacie's system switch'??"

I.. don't know what that means...

But before I got to even think, the sound of the door unlocking can be heard. Panicking, I quickly closed the file on the computer and turned to see Aine and not the Professor.

He looked a little surprised too after seeing me, but is quickly replaced with a bitter smile as he walked towards me.

"I had a nightmare" He stated and hugged me, much to my surprise. A nightmare... huh.. I never had one before. It must be really scary since he was hugging me real tightly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, trying to comfort him.

"I saw... Alice saying goodbye to me even though I kept yelling... But in the end of the dream... I saw her last moments before that truck had hit her"

Huh? That..

"Is that.. what really happened?" He questioned. Yes, actually.. That is really what had happened..

I think my silence had answered him. Because he had started to cry in my embrace.

"Reality.. hurts." He uttured.

"Idols are forbidden to love"

It does, doesn't it..

I kept patting him until he calmed down. He released me and smiled. This really reminds me of this afternoon.

"May I.. sleep with you tonight?" He timidly said like a little child.

"What?" I questioned.

"Please?" He begged. Oh how can I say no to that... I mean it's kinda hard to reject if you imagine this guy to be your senpai..

"Okay" I replied and he cheered up and we went to his room. Though I still wondered what senpai meant before..

♣ Aine's room♣

This place is surprisingly tidy after not being taken care of for years. There's also tons of books here. He really likes to read doesn't he?

The bed was on the corner of the room and beside it was his study desk. Books were spread all over the table and the only light helping us see now is the desk lamp. Well not for long because he had turned it off and threw me on the bed, pinning me with his body. Though I would start to freak out if it wasn't for the open window.

"You're heavy" I bluntly said

He chuckled, "Alice said the same thing".

"You and Alice are so similar.. Well I can't blame you for that. You are created for that reason after all.." He whispered. So he knew.

I kept silent, not knowing what to say. He turned around, letting me go. I adjust myself in a more comfortable position after getting released by the weight. He snuggled and slept as near to me as he could. I don't mind though.. It's like that time as well. That time when I first slept with senpai.. I missed that.

"Goodnight, Lacie" He muttered. I was surprised he called me by my name and not Alice. It seems he had accepted the truth. This man turned out not to be as fragile as his emotions after all..

I chuckled silently and smiled warmly before uttering a "Goodnight, Aine".

I saw his smile even in the mid-dark and he put his palm on top of my hand before sleeping. The fact that I haven't even change into my pyjamas didn't bother me, as this is one of that peaceful situation I had ever longed for..