Giving Up : The F!Android's Heart Broke

Ai's POV

"Senpai, I like you"

... It happened again. I'm overheating and I felt very happy. So happy I would do anything to always keep this source of happiness with me. It felt like.. this is the greatest thing that had happened to me in my life. Lacie had just answered my question and hessitation.

She likes me.

"I... like you too"

Lacie's POV

I can't believe it... I... H-He.. actually said that... My confession.. was answered. If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up. I want this to stay like this. Always.. Because, my own senpai that I like has just told me that,

He likes me back..

Third POV

But little did they know, things just flipped upside down almost immediately. Just like the peace before the storm, the two smiled warmly at each other and Lacie was about to say something when a laughter and strong wind interrupted. They looked up and saw the one person that would laugh like a maniac with a helicopter.

"Misterrr Mikaze, Misss Lacie.. I believe I have made myself clear alrrrready. And you two had said it yourself. 'Idols are forbidden to fall in love'. But what do we have here! What can you say for yourselves?" Shining Saotome said 'angrily' after landing right in front of them.

Lacie and Ai were speechless, though they don't show it.

What should they do...?

Lacie's POV

Oh no.. What should we do..? What should we do...?? At this rate, Presidrnt is going to-

"You misunderstood, President"

Huh?

"I said I like her... as my kouhai. And I am perfectly aware that love is forbidden here" Senpai said with no emotion on his face.

But.. That means..

"So you don't love her?" President asked.

"No" That struck my heart hard. It felt like everything fell on me. I want to cry with all my might in a room with no one. I want to slap myself saying I'm the most stupid person on earth. It's... not fair. I'm so naive. To think that a person you like can have the same feeling you do. I'm just so stupid.

"And you Miss Lacie?" I still had my emotionless face on and kept staring at the man.

"I'll take that as a 'no'. But be careful. I'm watching you two. De wa!" He laughed and hanged on to the rope from the helicopter while it flew away from our view.

"Laci-" I heard senpai called but I immediately turned and ran away like a coward. I couldn't bear to see his face right now. I need... to calm myself down...

Ai's POV

I yelled and yelled, hoping she would come back. But no. She kept running away from my sight until I can't see her anymore. She misunderstood... I had to do that. Or President would fire us both. And I don't want that to happen to her. She hasn't even debuted yet. Sigh.. I need to explain this to her..

♣ Afternoon ♣

Third POV

Lunch was unusually awkward. Lacie was so silent and she has this strange aura that made the rest of them speechless. Ai wasn't bothered but he kept glancing at her every minute. It was a silent lunch for everyone.

Lacie was the one that finished first and excused herself.

"Lacie-san..." Nanami uttered while looking at the closing door. After Lacie was gone, everyone started their conversation, still worried about her.

"Ai-Ai.. Did something happen?" Reiji worriedly asked Ai. He never answered and stood up, heading for the door.

"Tch. Something happened between you and Rikaze" Ranmaru stated, obviously irritated. Ai stopped at his remark but soon slam the door close.

♣ Practice Room ♣

Lacie tested the piano in the room. And sat confortably before closing her eyes and started to play.

The melody was nice yet sad. It was quite predictable of what the lyrics would be. But problem is, she hasn't write any lyrics yet.

The door opened, surprising her. She pressed ten different, unordered notes at the same time, making a horrible sound. What's worse, Ai was there looking at her with a frown.

"A piano isn't the place where you release your anger to" He stated and closed the door behind him.

"I'm not at fault" Lacie muttered.

Awkward silence filled the room instantly after that sentence.

"Lacie, you misunderstood-" Ai was cut off.

"No. I understand" She smiled bitterly. "I was being naive. And I apologize. But, even if I did get what I wanted to hear earlier, it would be the end of our career. So let's start over this time professionally okay? I'm just your kouhai. Nothing more. I'm under from your guidance until I can stand up on my own. So it's nice working with you, Mikaze-senpai" With that, she walked pass the cyan haired idol who gave no reply.

'He doesn't even turn to me. Guess I really am an idiot for believing what he had said. If he doesn't give a damn anymore. So will I'