The Original meets his Clone

Third POV

Reiji was the first one to take action and hug the girl, much to her surprise.

"R-Rei-senpai!" Lacie blushed, surprised by the sudden contact.

"You're finally back! We missed you so much, you know?!" Reiji exclaimed, tears starting forming on the corner of his eyes. "We thought you were gone forever!"

"How long exactly.. did I sleep?"

"Months!"

"What?! But.. It felt like days.."

"Anyhow, let's get you to the Professor to make sure you're alright, and meet everyone else!" Reiji smiled and helped Lacie up. Just then, she and Ai made eye contact.

"It's... good to have you back" Ai said simply, face emotionless as usual. He wondered why didn't he hug her like Reiji did. He had done that before, so why not now? Is it because he still hasn't told her how he feel yet?

Lacie just smiled and got up. The three of them headed to the where the Professor is.

♣ Aine's room ♣

The thought of his previous idea hasn't been told to his nephew since the Professor is still doubting his own mind. He made Ai because Aine had been sent into a coma and was unactive. But now, he's awake and... Ai isn't needed anymore? Even so, Ai had became a part of his life before Aine woke up. And so did Lacie. Those two, his greatest inventions, he couldn't just throw them away.. But Aine.. Without Alice, he would-

"Professor?" Reiji opened the door and snapped the Professor back to reality.

"Is something wrong, Reiji?" He asked as he fixed his glasses.

"Oh you wouldn't believe this! Look!" Reiji cheerfully said and pulled Lacie inside. The Professor looked surprised and stood from his chair.

"Are you fine? Any system damages? Or maybe some parts malfunctioned?" He asked while observing her.

"No. I'm perfectly fine" Lacie smiled. The Professor kept on checking (much to Ai's displeasure) and Lacie made eye contact with Aine in the middle of it.

Aine's POV

She really does look and sound like Alice.. Those mesmerizing eyes, silky long hair, and that smile. I remember all of it. That smile that brings warmth to me. I had missed that.

Alice disappeared forever and I didn't know that until several years. A beloved one, died and you didn't even know because you're so stupid and went to sent yourself into a coma. Uncle said she really did come back.. But I was so stupid. So darn stupid to drown myself into the deep sea. Now I realise... Alice died because of me.

"Kisaragi... Aine right?" A voice snapped me back to Earth. That voice I missed so much. It's too similar. No, let me correct that. It's the same. Look, voice, personality, everything is the same. I can't help but call her-

"Alice-"

"Sorry" She immediately answered. "My name is Lacie. Alice is-"

"I know" I cut her off, because tears were starting to fall down uncontrollably and I just can't seem to stop it. "I know.. Alice.. Alice is..." It was that time when I had to embrace someone and let it all out.

But surprisingly, Lacie, who I had embraced, returned the hug, and on top of that, calmed me down.

"I'm sorry.. I know how it feels.. I know.." She muttered and kept hugging me until I stopped.

Ai's POV

I look away in displeasure. Lacie was hugging my original. Kinda weird if you ask me. But I sometimes feel embarrased when the image of me and Lacie hugging went by. Well technically I'm looking at that image, but it's really hard to imagine me crying you know? I can't produce tears. They're not inside me. Even when I'm sad.

They finally parted and smiled at each other. Aine thanked Lacie and she nodded while smiling. Professor walked up to them both and told Aine Lacie needed her check up first in which we all agreed.

And that leaves me, Aine, and Reiji.

Third POV

Reiji went on and hugged Aine, who he had missed so much.

"I'm sorry, Aine! I'm so sorry!" He apologized again and again for not being there when he was in trouble.

Aine patted his head, "It's okay.. It's okay.." He kept saying.

"No it's not okay! Because of me.. You.." He trailed off, shivering by the thought of the past.

"... What's done is done, Reiji. We can't change the past. That past when Alice..." Aine shook his head, noticing he was starting to cry again. "But we can decide the future. We'll be careful this time for any mistakes, ne? So the same things don't happen again" Aine faced Reiji and smiled

Reiji returned the smile and started to become hyper again, "So! What do you plan to do now?" He grinned and asked.

"Well.. Return to being an idol I guess.. And meet Hibiki and Kei too" He smiled at the thought of meeting his old friends. "Okay" Reiji smiled and answered simply.

"I'm going to check on Lacie.." Ai muttered and turned, heading towards the door before Aine spoke up.

"You're... my clone.. or so Uncle said.." Aine said, doubt in his tone of speech.

"Ye-" Ai was about to answer when he remembered something.

"... No" He answered, remembering what Reiji had told him once.

"That's right. Even if Aine wakes up, we're still friends. You're not just Aine's replacement, you're more than that. You're our family. And we're your family. So don't carry all those weights on your own okay?"

Reiji widened his eyes in surprise, not expecting that 'no' from Ai.

"I'm Mikaze Ai. No one else" He said and went outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

I'm sorry it took so long XD I had some homeworks that I missed when I was in the hospital.

Oh, and I started playing UtaPri Music2 yesterday. Tell you what,

It was super hard XD

When I make mistakes in Zettai Reido Emotion and Winter Blossom, their scoldings are just harsh XD And yay, I'm gonna play All Star tomorrow \(^w^