Chaotic : The Android's Fall (Part 2)

Third POV

"Alice was Aine's lover!"

Those words shocked the two. The Professor was speechless. Reiji opened the door slowly, his face still in a shock state.

"It can't be. I.. I never heard any of this!" Reiji exclaimed. Kei clicked his tongue in irritation.

"You had a slight amnesia. We were about to tell you about it before you fell down the stairs and ended up in a hospital"

"Alice and Aine started going out right after they successfully convinced Saotome. We were happy for them.. They were happy themselves, before Alice was forcefully retrieved back to her country by her family. And Aine was desperate. He had lost everything. And commited suicide. But months after that, Alice came back, found out about Aine's situation, and thought he was gone totally. We kept pursuading her, but in the end.." Kei looked at Reiji sadly. "She died in an accident herself. Right on the day you were hospitalized and lost all memories of Alice"

Reiji was about to say something when the commotion outside caught their attention.

~

"Lacie!!" Ai called right after she fell unconcious on the stage.

"Someone get the Goddamn paramedics!!" Ranmaru yelled at stage after picking up an overheating Lacie. He was confused by that, but now is not the time.

The staffs hustled to her rescue, and the audience panicked while Starish along with Camus and Ranmaru tried to calm them down. They were about to drive her to the hospital when the Professor stopped them. He observed Lacie and told them to take her to his place before its too late. Getting their permission from Saotome, they followed the Professor's orders and took her there with Reiji and Ai.

~

After she stabilized, Reiji and Ai hurriedly demanded for an explanation of her current condition.

"I don't know if she will survive or not-"

"What do you mean by that?!" Ai yelled at him while Reiji tried to calm him down.

"Calm yourself down, Ai. Whether she survive or not depends on herself. The cause of her error is because something triggered Alice's memories to come back to Lacie not just one by one, but all of her memories. And after Kei's explanation, I guess Lacie felt Alice's desperation and can't take that much when she herself hasn't learn to love" The Professor fixed his glasses.

"... This is all my fault" Ai stated with a hint of sadness. The Professor looked at him, surprised.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"Lacie... She.."

Then Ai told the both of them about that day's misunderstanding and how Saotome's rules broke the both of them down. How heartbroken both of them were. And how their song went back to heartless, emotionless ones.

"Ai-Ai... But why didn't you tell me?" Reiji asked.

"It's because I had given up. Until that day when you told me that Love isn't meant to be forbidden. I had made up my mind. To tell her once again after her debut. But look what happened. I... almost killed her" Reiji hugged Ai gently, knowing Ai is on the verge of breaking down inside even though he doesn't show it. He knew what this feels like. That moment when you blame yourself for someone else's suffering.

The Professor looked at them, not saying a word. 'The reason Lacie didn't broke down totally... Is because she still care for Ai? No that's impossible. Ai said she didn't care anymore. And I once thought it wasn't possible as well because I made Lacie from Alice's heart herself. But that doesn't explain why Lacie didn't die.. Which is a good thing though..'

~

Ai and Reiji decided to stay for the night in Lacie's room and watch out for her in case something happens. Starish and the others are going to visit tomorrow too.

Both of them sat on the sofa, feeling very depressed.

"I never knew it would turn up this way. Everything was better before President showed up.." Ai said while staring up the ceiling.

Reiji didn't know what to say. This month has been the worst ever since Lacie came. Ai's birthday and Lacie's debut went down the drain, and the worst happened. This is just... cruel.

Not wanting to think about it anymore, both of them slept, hoping for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

Thank you for those who followed this story until now :') Love you all~