I Like You : The Android Smiled

Third POV

For the past hour, Ai had been in Reiji's room trying to understand the book he gave him. And Reiji was true. It was totally different from the first time he saved it in his data. He can sometimes be curious, angered, excited, nervous, and even a bit sad. In the end, happy and relieved. But then again...

This was all thanks to Lacie.

He wondered about his situation now. Reiji told him to confess, but it's a lot  harder than it seems. He might overheat mid-way and cause trouble, or she might reject her, or maybe Shining will burst in like usual and stop their career. Which will of course end bad. It's a risk. He usually never take any chances. All of his actions are according to his data and it has never failed him until... the day he met Lacie. She had changed him a lot. At first he could only understand feeling, but now he could feel too. And at some point, that helped him with his songs greatly. He's... grateful.

The door opened which snapped him out of his thoughts. Reiji was there.

"So? Have you decided yet?" He asked excitedly.

"No, Reiji. Eat my jellies all you want but I'm not going to confess" Ai said coldly and stood up. He put the book back to the pile where it belong before excusing himself.

Reiji's POV

Ai-Ai is being hard on himself.. He's struggling with his own feelings. I thought it was really great that Ai-Ai learned how to 'like', but why is he denying it? Well yes his reasons make sense. But judging from his attitude earlier, I think he still doesn't get my point for making him read that book. It was intended to make him believe that love can surpass anything.. And 'anything' included rules.

Lacie did such a great job.. Yet he.. Gave up just like that.

♣ Ai's Room ♣

Third POV

"So you're going to give up just like that?"

"... Yeah"

Syo sighed, disappointment in his tone. Natsuki also looked down in sadness. Silence was in the room until Syo opened his mouth to say something but the door opened, surprising us.

"Ah, Ai-chan" Natsuki called. Senpai's eyes and mine made contact for a moment before he closed the door and sat on his desk, working again. The other two sensed his hostility and just went to sleep, not wanting to cause any more trouble. Well it is true he is kinda in a bad mood when he got back. Maybe Rei-senpai pissed him off again?

"Go to sleep" Senpai said without averting his attention from his work. It has passed my bed time, and the two had already slept peacefully. I have to quickly shut my eyes before he turn off the lights, but... That one question is really bothering me.

Does he like me back?

I stared at him for a couple of minutes before furiously shaking my head and went to bed.

-------------------------------------

"Aishiteru, _____" The person appeared again. But this time, my head doesn't hurt. I guess, this is a dream..

He was holding my hand gently before his lips met mine. We seperated not long, and I smiled at him gently.

"Me too, ____"

I couldn't hear what I had called him nor what he had called me. And I still don't know who that person is. But his presence felt so familiar. I couldn't grasp what was wrong here. Hopefully, my answer will come soon..

-------------------------------------

♣ Next Morning ♣

I woke up at exactly 05:00. I saw Syo and Natsuki waking up as well. And Senpai was already up and no where to be found in the room. Syo said maybe he went to the Practice Room first.

"Is he going to practice again?" Natsuki asked as he came out of the bathroom while drying his hair with a towel. It was my turn and I went in.

"What? You didn't know? All of us are going to practice today. Lacie's debut is in 2 weeks remember?" I heard Syo yelled from outside.

"Yeah but I doubt we're going to practice this early since it's only us that usually wake up this early" I said. "Good point" Syo replied.

"So where is Ai-chan?" Natsuki questioned. None of us answered and I'm sure Syo had already shrugged it off.

I don't know if I should tell them or not, but he's at the lake outside..

~

In the end, I went to the lake without the two because they told me they still have work. Upon arrival, I heard humming. And of course, it was from senpai. This tune... It's Winter Blossom. The one he's going to sing at my debut.

I enjoyed the tune till its very end. And unconciously, I hum along at the last notes. He noticed my and turned to make contact with my gaze. I blushed in response and shook my head.

"Ohayou, senpai" I smiled at him. He was taken aback a little but greeted me back with a simple "Ohayou". And then he gazed back to the lake.

That question appeared in my mind again.

I'm almost positive he doesn't like anyone, so I said I would give up yesterday to Syo, but now I'm unsure. I'm starting to believe I really do like him after all..

That's it... If this fails, I'll definitely give up this time.

"Senpai, I like you"

He looked at me with wide eyes. Then smiled gently, and said something that means so much to me.

"I... like you too"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

Yosh, a few more chappies and I'll move on to the next 2 weeks, Lacie's debut day.

Vote or comment! :D