Worry : The Android's Soft Side

Third POV

♣ Lunch ♣

"Huh? Where's Lacie?" Ittoki looked around the table, searching for a certain girl.

"Now that you mention it, I haven't seen her since this morning" Tokiya said, following Ittoki's gaze.

"She's still in her room" Ai calmly said while taking a sip of his drink.

"Eehhh so she really did miss breakfast??" Reiji exclaimed, his gaze at Syo and Natsuki, knowing Ai will just ignore him. He and Ai haven't been talking that much, probably because of the incident last time at the mall. Well Reiji kept apologizing by joking but the Android just won't listen.

"I'm not sure... Natsuki and I had work early this morning and all we saw was just her sleeping past her schedule which is very strange and rare.." Syo answered and eyed Ai for a while before the said senpai took another sip of his drink.

"She doesn't have much work today, so I let her loose this morning by not waking her up. But I see that she's really begging for punishment." He placed the cup on the table and stood up, heading for the door.

"... That's not what he meant, Jinguuji" Masato, who sat beside Ren, calmly said when he saw his surprised expression he made when Ai said his last sentence.

♣ Ai's room♣

Ai opened the door rather roughly, and what he is seeing right now is the same as what he saw that morning. His kouhai is still in the blanket not moving, much to his surprise. But as her senpai, he just can't let this go.

"Lacie" He half-yelled. It was strict, it was loud. It was the tone he always uses when he's serious.

...

He felt irritated and stupid when the girl ignored him, and he hated that. It was like an idiot talking to a wall. Choosing to be rough, he pulled and threw the blanket away, just to see his kouhai panting heavily.

He widened his cyan eyes, and quickly put his hand on her forehead. It was hot. Not just hot, strangely and extremely hot, which confuses him. But soon he pulled back his hand when he noticed the person who was lying in front of him is now awake.

Lacie was still breathing heavily with her red cheeks, which was 'concerning' her senpai, or so he thought. But now is not the time for his problems, it's the time for her problem.

"Senpai..." Lacie muttered, still not brave enough to look at him. Why? Because he had just kissed her a few days ago without any reason at all. And her system made her become embarrased whenever she look at him.

So instead of making eye contact, she looked at the clock instead.

'14 : 16'

She widened her eyes in shock and tried to get up, but failed as she held her head in pain. Ai went out and came back quite quickly with a compress and a glass of water.

He helped her sit up using his right hand supporting her back, which made her shiver a little from the contact, and told her to drink the water. After she did so, she thanked him and handed the glass to him.

"Why is your temperature beyond normal human's when sick?" He goes straight to the point and demanded an explanation for what he had feel on her forehead not long ago. Lacie, who is now looking down, widened her eyes in shock. What should she do? Should she tell him? Should she lie? The Professor's orders and her pride for not lying are confusing her. In the end, she avoided both defying the Professor's orders and lying.

"I know all of these are confusing you.. But just... wait a little longer.. please? I promise you'll get your answer soon". She looked at him and smiled, hoping he wouldn't get to his stubborn side, and at the same time, relieved because he didn't bring the topic she doesn't want up.