Picnic and 'Good News'

Third POV

"So, where are we going?" Lacie asked Aine who was pulling her around the Park outside the city.

"Hehe, you'll see!" Aine cheerfully skipped. Ai said nothing and kept an eye on the both of them, escpecially the hand to hand contact they made since the start of the date. Or picnic, because Aine was holding a basket of foods and drinks.

"Ah, we're here!" The three of them stopped below a very big blooming Sakura tree, the warm breeze taking Sakura petals everywhere.

"Uwaahhh..." Lacie admired. Even Ai was speechless by the beauty. A flower landed on top of his palm and he silenced for a while before stucking it on Lacie's hair. She noticed that Ai showed a slight sign of smiling but before she could make sure she wasn't dreaming, Aine had interrupted again.

"Lacie, I've finished preparing the things~" And as he said that, Lacie turned to see that Aine had spreaded the picnic cloth just beside the root of the tree, and several foods and drinks were already set up on it.

"Ah, okay. Let's go, Ai-senpa-" Lacie stopped midway as she saw Ai's bothered expression.

Ai said nothing and went ahead.

'Senpai..?'

.

.

.

"Ahh that was great! I'm full!~" Guess who?

"What.. are you doing here, Reiji?" Ai asked in annoyance.

"Eh?? I wanted to spend time with you guys of course! I mean, it's been like forever since I hang out with Aine and I'm his best friend so why not~?" Reiji hanged his arm around Aine's neck, who just smiled and sweat dropped. Ai just sighed and looked at the other two.

"Ah?? What? I was hungry" Ranmaru said as he chewed on a sandwich.

"Sakura trees are rare" Was Camus statement but apparently, according to Ai's data and everyone else's observation, sakura trees are blooming everywhere in the season. Hm, quite the tsundere. A little maybe.

Lacie giggled, "Ehehe, it's been a while since we had a great time like this eh?" And looked at the clear sky. The rest followed her gaze and nodded.

"Sou da ne.. Happy times rarely comes around after all.." Reiji muttered. Aine looked at him, patted his back, and smiled. Reiji silenced at first but returned the smile, understanding the meaning of that encouragement. It was hard for the both of them. Alice's lost...

.

.

.

As they talked and laughed and ate, no one noticed the sun setting until Reiji mentioned it.

"Oh? It's this late already? We gotta get going soon.." He said.

"Yeah, us too" Ai replied as he stood up.

"We'll be going ahead! Sankyu for the food and time, Aine~!" Reiji winked and pulled Camus and Ranmaru to the car waiting for them.

"Saa te.. Let's get going now, shall we?" Lacie smiled and walked ahead of them.

Ai was about to follow her but Aine patted shoulder lightly from behind, "Please don't make the same mistakes as I did.. Take care of her well, and don't give up ne?" He smiled at the confused Ai and went on calling for Lacie to wait for him. Ai stood there, unable to understand what Aine had just said. He tried searching with his data, but was snapped out of it by Lacie.

"Senpaaiiii! The car's here already! Let's go back!" Lacie waved her hands to get Ai's attention, and she certainly did. Ai chuckled. It doesn't matter whether he does or doesn't understand Aine's words.. All he need to do, is to continue to love what he loves right?

Someone precious..

♣ Professor's Lab ♣

Aine waved at the two on the front door of the Professor's house while Ai and Lacie went back in the car and it drove off in the dark night. He closed the door and went to his room, preparing for a bath.

.

Aine went out of the bathroom, and dried off his wet and messy hair, and was about to go to bed, when he saw a little note attatched to his mirror.

Apparently, it was from the Professor, telling him to go to his room after he's finished on whatever he's doing. Aine shrugged and did as he was told.

♣ Professor's room ♣

"Ah, Aine" The Professor turned around, revealing his messy appearance and ciggarrate. Aine sat on the bed and yawned.

"What is it, Professor?" Aine questioned lazily, wondering what was so important in the middle of the night like this.

"I have good news" The Professor smiled.

"Good.. news?" Aine raised an eyebrow.

"Yes.. Look" The Professor opened his laptop and clicked on a few things before a complicated blueprint was seen on the screen.

Aine was shocked. This isn't what he expected.. What the hell was the Professor thinking??

Aine's POV

This is wrong! Totally wrong! I can't believe he actually did this project! I.. I have to stop this!

"Wh-What are you thinking, Professor?!" I yelled panickly. The Professor seemed surprise by my sudden outburst.

"But.. Isn't this what you actually want?"

"No! This is not right! This is the same as destroying Ai and you know that!"

Professor's face turned very serious and stared at me. "Ai is only a replica of you, Aine. And if you ask me whether the original or the replica is more important, I think the answer is already obvious"

I jerked back, unable to comprehend what the Professor is thinking right now. Has he gone mad?? I mean, what made him think of this as 'Good news'?!

I looked at the screen while biting my lips.

"Project XX-125 : Lacie and Alice's Personality Switch

Possibility of Success : 89%

Details : A project made to destroy the memories of the subject 'Lacie' and renew the memories of the subject 'Alice'"

...Tch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

IMMA SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATEEE!! Have a test coming up tomorrow that continues for the week... Next update may be late as well.. :< Sorry for the inconveniece.. ^^;