Desperate : The Android's Calculation

Third POV

The first week passed by with little jokes, little laughter, and little happiness. Those 7 days were filled with seriousness everywhere. And it was only because of 2 certain people.

Rikaze Lacie and her senpai, Mikaze Ai.

These two practiced everyday and every hour and never tire themselves out. Why? Its reason is none other than them being Androids.

Everyone had a hard time keeping up with their schedule and in the end, made their own schedules and never talked to them. And now, the two had always worked and practice alone in the Practice Room.

Despite countless times of practicing, the two are still missing something in their songs. Something important. And none of the two could figure out anything. Feeling depressed, Lacie comfronted a teacher, Tsukimiya Ringo.

"Ah, Lacie-chan! Is something up?" He turnesd to Lacie with his hands full of books.

"Hai, sensei.. For the past few days, I've been practicing real hard.. I know something is wrong with my song. And despite several tries, I still feel something's missing in my song.. I can't find it anywhere.." Lacie looked down in disappointment.

Ringo then chuckled, "Your senpai had told me the same thing, dear" Lacie looked to him in shock. How come she doesn't know about this?

"And I can't help you both with that missing thing. You have to find it by yourselves. But remember, that something is still very close to you" Ringo winked and went on his way.

What does he mean by still...? Lacie frowned, hating the fact that she's very confused and lost.

Then something struck her.

Maybe Reiji knows something.

♣ Reiji's Room ♣

Reiji is seen with his kouhais writing lyrics for their own songs. Lacie knocked the door twice and said her name. Ittoki opened the door for her and welcomed her.

"Rei-senpai, I need to speak to you in private" She said after entering the room.

"Ah but I'm..." He trailed off and looked at the piece of paper in front of him.

"Oh, nevermind then" She was about to leave when Reiji stopped her.

"Wait. Maybe Toki can help you if it's about music" Reiji smiled at the brunette. She raised an eyebrow at Tokiya who is still sitting and looking back at her.

"Fine"

♣ Corridor outside Reiji's Room♣

"I don't know if you could answer this or not but.. Lately when I've been practicing, I feel something is missing from my song. And when I asked Ringo-sensei about this, he said he can't help but he said that that something is still very close to me. Can you explain that?" She explained everything to him.

Tokiya smiled and chuckled at her, "The same thing happened to me too before I join STARISH. I was lost within my own song and almost lost my important thing in life, before a certain girl saved me" He smiled again at the thought. "She made me what I am now. And what I can tell you right now, is that when you sing, think of a special someone. Then you can sing passionately and touch people's hearts"

Lacie froze at his words.

"Well then, excuse me" Tokiya excused himself and went back inside, leaving Lacie outside and her thoughts.

"Think about someone you care when you sing the song. It will help you relax and sing passionately later. Simply put, sing for someone"

That was her own words. Those words she told a certain someone. A certain someone who was broken. But just as she had fixed her back, he had broken again, and this time, he dragged her with him. Both of them broke without realization.

But even if she has a way out, she knew she can't take that path. Because that path needs-

"Heart.. It's a heart we're missing.." Lacie murmured and looked down.

She can't achieve that anymore. Because she had lost her love for her  senpai.

~

Unknown to Lacie, someone has been around the corner listening to her conversation with Tokiya. And of course, it was Ai.

Even after asking a teacher, he still can't understand what the sensei meant. He was about to go to his room and get more information about it when he heard two people talking.

Ai's POV

Those are... the same things Lacie used to say to me.

A special someone.

I.. still have feelings for her. But I don't think I should bring it up anymore. She had decided on a new start. And she even treated me as nothing but a senpai. Everything seems so different since the day of her misunderstanding. And.. I have no intention of explaining to her anymore. She wouldn't listen anyway. President's rule is the topmost thing to worry about right now.

"Heart.. It's a heart we're missing" I widened my eyes when I heard Lacie said that.

That's it.

There's no way out of this situation.

This is a dead end.

A 100% possibility of failure.