Grateful : The Android's Answer

Lacie's POV

I sat there angrily while waiting for Professor to finish. I told him to lock the door, and he ignored me! This is what came out of that! Ugh this is so pissing me off. I'm a female you know? He should really get a woman soon..

"Hey haven't I apologized?" He spoke, still clicking on the keyboard.

"It still doesn't fix what had happened" I pouted and looked away. He just chuckled.

"... How's Ai's condition by the way? Has he improved?" Ignoring the incident earlier, a smile formed when I thought of my senpai, for some unknown reason. I'm starting to have the habit to smile whenever senpai is mentioned. Not that I mind, cause no one notice anyway.

"Great. He's improving a lot. I had taught him the basics and he seems a lot better than the first time I met him. But..." I trailed off.

"But?" He questioned, attention now on me.

"He had yet learn how to smile sincerely" I said, remembering that concert a week ago. Everyone was touched, and I think he was too. His expression told me he had seen/feel something unbelievable. But no smile was seen.

"I see. Well that won't be a problem" He turned his attention back to the computer.

"What do you mean?"

"Trust me, he will smile sooner or later" He said as he tapped the Enter button and stood up.

"Finished" He started to take of the wires. Finally.. Those wires were starting to kill me. I wore my clothes and stretched myself, tired from sitting for too long.

"Now, for Ai's turn..." He muttered and clicked on the keyboard some more. "Once you got out, tell him to come in"

"... He's probably angry right now because I lied.."

"Oh? So he learned how to be angry as well?" He said as if it was a good thing.

"Didn't I say the basics?" I huffed, not expecting an answer. I sighed, this'll be hard... I took a deep breath before opening the door and closed it.

Senpai was sitting on a sofa with its back facing me. He was looking out the window, and again, I can't tell whether he is 'waiting' or 'thinking' because I can't see his face. I slowly walked around the sofa and finally faced him.

He had a blank expression before he noticed me.

"Lacie" He simply called. I... should apologize first right..

"Senpai, I'm sorry"

"What for?" He asked back. What for? Isn't it obvious? I lied to you. I lied to you about myself. Well, the pillow counts too actually..

"For lying"

"That... isn't nessecary" He stood up, his tone as cold as ever. "I may be a little angered about the lying part, but you did that to teach me. To obey Professor's orders. And to complete me"

"I'm grateful" He said and walked away, heading for the room Professor's in. My face heat up once again. And it's getting irritating when I don't know exactly what triggered it.

♣ Inside ♣

Third POV

After readying the equipments, the Professor turned to face Ai.

"So, tell me how you're 'feeling' nowadays" The Professor asked, wanting to know his progress.

"... Confused"

"About what?"

"I... don't know how to describe it"

"It's about Lacie isn't it?"

Ai shot up, surprised. The Professor chuckled, and fixed his glasses.

"Ah... How wonderful. Reviving her was a brilliant thing to do after all" And after that, the Professor started to mumble to himself. Ai sat there, lost in thought again.

"So, what is your trouble, Ai?"

"I don't think it's nessec-"

"This is part of your check up, Ai. I need to know your situation" The Professor said with a serious tone.

"It's... I often act strange around Lacie. Whenever she smiles, my face heats up for some reason. And I can't seem to find it in my data"

After hearing that, the Professor was both proud and happy. His experiment was a success. Lacie has changed Ai. And she did her role perfectly. As a reward, he decided to help the two.

"It's the feeling of 'like', Ai"

Ai tilted his head in confusement.

"You like her"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

Minna, I have something to tell you. It's both good and bad news. Which one should I start first? Bad news first alright?

The story is going to be 40% shorter than usual. This chappy is an example. I usually write more than 1000, but now I'm going to reduce it to either 800 or 700. It's short but the good news is,

Because it's shorter, update will be faster. As simple as that. :D

Okay, then. I hope you like it. I'm working in the next one now. And I hope it will satisfy you :)