IX.

Cassie awoke to commotion in the adjacent room. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, wondering how long she'd been asleep. She yawned and stretched before standing up. She wrapped the blanket around herself and slowly walked to the other room. She stood in the doorway while the boys argued. Ashton cleared his throat and nodded toward Cassie. Calum turned around and stood up quickly. "Cassie." He whispered, wrapping his arms around her. "I was so worried about you."

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Cassie said as she wrapped her arms around him.

"You have to tell her, mate." Luke sighed.

"No, I can't.." Calum sighed and looked down at Cassie. "I can't."

"Calum, please." Cassie sighed. "I need to know what's going on."

"No, Cassie. I can't tell you." Calum shook his head and pulled away from her. He handed her some clothes and sat back down. "I had your friend, Rebecca, bring you some clothes. She doesn't know anything that happened, I just told you'd been staying at my place."

"Wow, another person you're lying to." Cassie rolled her eyes and started out of the room. "I'm not staying here with you guys. I'm going to a friend's."

"I need you to update me so I know where you are." Calum looked at her.

"You're not my dad." Cassie rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. She walked back to Ashton's office and changed into her new outfit. She then texted Taylor about meeting for coffee. She walked to the coffeeshop down the road and ordered herself a coffee before sitting down.  Taylor arrived shortly after.

"Hey, Cassie. It feels like I haven't seen you in ages." Taylor smiled as she sat down.

"It's been a while." Cassie smiled softly. "How have you been?"

"I've been good. Busy, but good." Taylor smiled. "What about you?"

"Life has been getting weirder and weirder for me." Cassie sighed.

"Why's that?" Taylor asked. "Something with your job?"

"Yeah, it's my boss." Cassie nodded and looked at Taylor. "Usually, Calum's normal and just wants work to get done. But, lately, he's been getting angry at the smallest things. Like, about a month ago, maybe, we got a shipment and I tried to open it and he completely freaked out on me."

"What was in it?" Taylor asked, trying to not seem too intrigued.

"I don't know, he wouldn't let me see it." Cassie shook her head. "He's been acting like he's hiding something, but I don't know what it is."

"Maybe you need to keep digging." Taylor suggested, almost like she knew what would happen if she did.