XVII.

"I've never seen anyone so scared." Richard chuckled as he watched Cassie's eyes dart between him and Calum. "He's supposed to protect you, isn't he?" Richard left Calum's body and began walking toward Cassie.

"Please, don't hurt me." Cassie whimpered, trying to move away from him.

"Hurt you? Why would I want to hurt someone so innocent?" Richard smirked and continued to walk toward her.

"C-Calum..?" Cassie whimpered, looking at his limp body on the floor.

"Cassie, focus up here." Richard snapped, causing her to let out a small scream. She looked up at him, her eyes wide with fear. "Stand up, love." Richard chuckled. Cassie shook her head and continued to move backwards. "I said, stand up!" Richard yelled. Cassie screamed and stood up as best she could.

"I'm sorry! Please, don't hurt me." Cassie sobbed, backing into the wall.

"It's alright, my dear." Richard stepped closer to her. "I told you I didn't want to hurt you." Cassie breathed heavily as he got closer to her. Her eyes darted around the room in search of an escape. Richard took another step closer to her and she bolted past him, trying to get to the door. Sven put his foot out, causing her to trip. She fell to the ground, her head slamming into the wooden chair. Blood dripped from her forehead as she tried to sit up. "Let me help you with that." Richard smiled, pulling out a knife. Cassie looked up at him, her eyes filling with tears.

"Please, don't kill me.." She whispered, tears falling down her cheeks.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Richard knelt down and cut the ziptie off her hands. "Yet, I should say."

"What?" Cassie looked up at him.

"I'm not going to hurt you, unless you do something to deserve it." Richard shrugged and twirled the knife in his hand. 

"I won't do anything, I swear." Cassie shook her head. "I promise."

"Good." Richard smirked. "Now, I'm going to let you go. But, if you tell anyone about this, or about where dear Calum is, I will kill you. Understand?"

"Yes." Cassie breathed heavily, her eyes not leaving his. "I understand."

"Good. Now, I'll see you out." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her up, dragging her to the door. "Remember, tell anyone and you're dead." Cassie nodded slowly and stared at Calum's body on the ground as Richard led her outside. "Come again soon." Richard chuckled and walked back inside, closing the door behind him. As soon as the door shut, Cassie ran. She ran down the block and hailed a cab, getting in quickly.

"Irwin Enterprises, please." She said, breathing rapidly.

"Woah, lady, are you okay?" The cabbie asked, looking at her injured head.

"Irwin Enterprises. Now." She said sternly.

"Yes, ma'am." The cabbie nodded and began driving. When he parked in front of the building, Cassie quickly got out.

"I don't have any money with me, but if you wait here, I'll bring some out to you." She looked at the cabbie.

"Don't worry about it, you needed the ride more than I need the money." The cabbie smiled softly. "Get your head looked at, will ya?"

"Will do. Thank you so much." Cassie smiled softly and closed the door before running into the building. "Evening, ma'am. Is Ashton in?" Cassie asked the receptionist.

"He's in a meeting and cannot be disturbed." The reception explained.

"He can be disturbed for this." Cassie rolled her eyes and pressed the button for the elevator.

"Ma'am, I will call security on you again." The receptionist scoffed.

"Do that, and Ashton won't be happy." Cassie smiled fakely at her as she entered the elevator, pressing the button for Ashton's floor. The ride was slow, but she made it. She walked out of the elevator and into the bullpen. "Which room is Mr. Irwin in?" She asked one of the employees sitting nearby.

"Room 310, down the hall." He nodded his head toward the hallway.

"Thank you." Cassie nodded and began walking down the hallway. She found room 310 and opened the door. There were business men in suits, all sitting around the large table. They all turned and looked at her as she stepped in.

"Oh, my God. Cassie, what happened?" Ashton asked, walking over to her quickly. "I'm sorry, fellas. I'm gonna have to cancel this meeting until further notice." The men groaned and began packing up their things. Ashton wrapped his arm around Cassie's waist and walked her to his office. "Tell me what happened."

"It's Richard. He has Calum and I don't even know if he's alive anymore." Cassie looked up at him. "You have to help him. He could be seriously hurt."

"Okay, I'm calling in a nurse to look at your head." Ashton pressed a button on his desk before grabbing his phone and calling Michael and Luke. They arrived shortly after the call.

"What's going on?" Michael asked as he walked in with Luke.

"Calum's in trouble. Cassie said he could be hurt." Ashton explained. "Luke, stay here with Cassie."

"No, I'm going with you." Cassie said, standing up quickly.

"No, you are not." Ashton turned and looked at her. "There is no way in hell you're coming with us."

"Yes, Ashton. I'm coming with." Cassie crossed her arms. "I have to. I owe it to Calum. It's my fault he's there."

"Cassie, Ashton's right. You can't come with us." Michael gave her a sad smile.

"I am going with you. You can't stop me from going."

"Yes, we can. And, we will." Ashton crossed his arms. "This is too dangerous for you. You could get hurt."

"I can get hurt here, too. Just let me go with." Cassie pleaded.

"No, Cassie. You can't come with. You mean too much to Calum, and if we let something happen to you, he'd kill us." Ashton shook his head. "You're the only thing that's keeping him going right now, and if he knew we brought you into a dangerous situation, he would absolutely kill us."

"Come on, Cassie. Let's get you cleaned up." Luke sighed and brought her out to the nurse.