XIX.

Luke drove the two of them to the warehouse while Cassie talked to Taylor. She hung up and looked at Luke. "What's your plan for this? Are we just gonna barge in there?"

"Pretty much, yeah." Luke nodded and parked a block away from the building. "Let's go." He got out of the car and started jogging to the building. Cassie got out of the car and ran after him. Luke pulled out his gun as they went up to the warehouse door. He pushed it open and walked in with Cassie trailing behind him.

"Ah, Luke Hemmings. What a pleasant surprise." Richard chuckled. "And, little Cassie. Well, the gang's all here." Cassie looked around the room, looking for the others. "Looking for your friends? They had a little run in with Sven."

"Why are you doing this?" Cassie asked, looking at Richard.

"You know exactly why." He glared down at Calum, who was now tied to the chair once more. His nose was bleeding and his breathing was ragged. "And, I believe I told you not to tell anyone about this. Do you remember what I have to do now?"

"K-Kill me?" Cassie hid behind Luke, hoping he could protect her.

"Precisely." Richard smirked and started walking toward her. He was only a few steps from her when the door swung open and Taylor walked in.

"What the hell is going on here?" Taylor asked, looking at Richard, then Cassie, then Calum. "Calum!" Taylor gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. "Richard, you promised you wouldn't hurt him!"

"I know I did, love." Richard sighed. "But, he got in the way."

"Let him go. Now." Taylor crossed her arms. Richard sighed and walked over to Calum.

"I wish I didn't have to do this." Richard rolled his eyes and untied Calum's wrists from the chair. He stood up and looked at Taylor for a moment. Her eyes lit up in that moment. She thought, for sure, he'd run to her and thank her. But, the opposite happened. Calum turned away from her and ran over to Cassie, wrapping his arms around her securely.

"I'm so sorry, Cassie." Calum whispered, holding her body close to his.

"I'm glad you're okay." Cassie sighed and hugged him back. She wasn't sure how she felt about him anymore, but she knew that in his arms was the safest she'd ever felt. She nestled her face into the crook of his neck and held onto him.

"What a sweet reunion." Taylor rolled her eyes and walked to Richard. "I want her dead." Taylor whispered to him. "I don't care what it takes, I want her life to end right now." Richard smiled darkly, but luckily for Cassie, Ashton and Michael were on the other side of the door listening to every word.