XXX

Calum got up quickly and wrapped his arms around Cassie's small body. She was shaking from head to toe as she dropped the gun. Sobs wracked her body and she hugged Calum tightly. "It's over, baby. It's all over." Calum whispered, holding her close to him. "You did it, you saved us both."

"I-is he d-dead?" Cassie asked, almost unable to breathe between sobs.

"Yes, baby, he's dead. He can't hurt us anymore."

"It's all over.." Cassie said, her breathing shaky.

"Shh, baby. Just breathe." Calum cupped her cheeks.

"You're hurt.." Cassie looked at him. "You're hurt." She pulled her sleeve down and began wiping the blood from his face.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." Calum wiped her tears from her cheeks. "He's not as strong as he looks."

"Your nose is bleeding."

"It happens. Don't worry, it'll stop." Calum shook his head. Cassie sighed and hugged him tightly again.

"I was so worried about you." Cassie sniffled.

"Marry me."

"What?" Cassie pulled back and looked at him. Calum got down on one knee in front of her.

"Cassie, will you marry me? Say yes, and we'll leave tonight. We'll get out of this town and leave this all behind. We can start a new and safe life together. We'll never have to worry about this again. So, Cassie, will you marry me?"

"Yes. Oh, my God. Yes." Cassie nodded and hugged Calum tightly. "Absolutely yes." Calum reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring.

"I bought this ring the day you started working for me. I didn't know what it was then, but I knew that you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Every day that we spent together, I found more and more reasons to love you. You were right to question me the day I left. I don't know why I was running from love and I don't know what I'm so scared of, but I realize now that none of it matters as long as I'm you."

"Calum.." Cassie sniffled and pressed her lips to his. "I love you." She whispered as Calum slid the ring on her finger.

"Let's get out of here." Calum grabbed her hand and ran to his car with her. She got in the passenger seat and watched as he got in. He kissed her hand gently as he started driving. "I have to call the boys." He grabbed his phone and dialed Ashton's number.

"Hello?" Ashton answered.

"Are the others with you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Put me on speaker."

"Alright, we're all here. What's going on?" Ashton asked.

"I'm leaving town. Cassie and I are. We're leaving tonight." Calum said.

"What? Where are you going?" Luke asked.

"I don't know yet, but I know we're leaving."

"You kinda need a destination to be leaving to." Michael said.

"Nope. We don't know where we're going, but it doesn't matter, as long as I have my girl." Calum grinned at her.