XII.

Calum awoke to his phone ringing. He wasn't planning on waking up this early, and he also wasn't expecting any calls. His heart dropped into stomach when he saw Cassie's name illuminating his screen. He answered the call quickly. "Cassie, are you okay?"

"Please, let me go." He heard Cassie beg. "I can't help you." Calum was out of bed in a flash. He pulled on a pair of black jeans and a t-shirt. He put the call on speaker as he got into his car.

"Don't worry, Cassie. I'm coming." Calum said, hoping she could hear him. He sped down the street, heading downtown. He drove to Richard's building and jogged inside.

"Do you have an appointment, sir?" The receptionist asked.

"No, but Richard is expecting me." Calum said as he walked toward the elevator.

"I'm sorry, sir. No one is allowed up without an appointment." The lady smiled softly at him.

"Listen, I'm going up there. You're going to sit there and let me. Got it?"

"Sir, I'm very sorry, but I'm going to have to call security if you go up there." The lady spoke calmly. Calum rolled his eyes and pulled out his gun.

"No, I'm going up. Call security, and you'll be dead." Calum pointed his gun at her.

"O-Okay, you can go up." The woman widened her eyes in fear. Calum shook his head and walked into the elevator, pressing the button for Richard's floor.

"Really, Richard? The 39th floor?" Calum grumbled and tucked his gun back in his pants. The ride up took almost 15 minutes. It seemed like there were people on every floor needing to go somewhere. Finally at the 39th floor, Calum exited the elevator and made his way to Richard's office. He kicked the door down and walked in, seeing Richard with his hands under Cassie's shirt. "Get your hands off of her, Richard." Calum growled.

"So nice of you to show up, Hood. I can't think of how you knew she was here." Richard chuckled and trailed his fingertips along Cassie's skin. "How did he know, Cassie?" Richard asked, bringing his hands to her skirt.

"Don't touch her." Calum growled, tackling Richard to the ground. Calum pinned him down and began throwing punches. "Cassie, run!" Calum called to her. Cassie scrambled off of Richard's desk and began running out of the room. She let out a scream as Sven grabbed her arms, dragging her back in.

"You're not going anywhere." Sven smirked, turning to the men behind him. He nodded to them and they walked into Richard's office, grabbing Calum's arms. They pulled him back and shoved him into a chair, tying his wrists to the arms.

"Let me go." Calum glared at them. Richard laughed darkly and walked over to Cassie, binding her hands with a ziptie.

"You two are really putting a damper on my plans of world domination." Richard roughly pushed Cassie to the ground. "Take our friend down to the loading dock, I'll be there with this one in a minute." Richard smirked.